Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 7/23 (Monster Muskie Observed)
Fished from 10:00 to 5:00 today trying to hook into some larger muskie. started trolling the middle fork and caught two 30" tigers. Decided I had enough of the small guys so I changed my aproach. Put on deeper diving lures and headed to the west shore. Boated a 42" and 44" in the next couple of hours. The 42" tiger I caught mostt likely I killed. As BLM said in his post the water is very warm and these fish get stressed easy. I got greedy and removed him from the water and probably destroyed a trophy fish all for a pictue. Even though I already have plenty a picures of fish this size. Once I got hom revived a little I let him go. It swam about 5 feet went belly up and sank before I could grab hold of it again. Mistakes I made you should all pay attention to. I was alone and boated the fish on my own with my hands. Which takes a lot longer than if you have a partner. I removed the fish from the water. If only for 30 seconds still makes it alot harder to revive the fish. If you unhook a tiger while it is still in the water they usually swim right off. The fish had also been recently caught. Whomever caught it before me released it , but they used a net on the fish. Its fins were all torn up and infected. The fish was already stressed and on his way out before I finished him off. On a lighter note while I was trolling around 3:00 I hooked into a large musky. After a 20 minute fight to get him near the surface up came the biggest tiger I have ever seen. He stayed near the surface just long enough for me to get a glimpse. I about spoiled myself at the siight of this monster. He then dove again and spit out my lure. another day I guess. Now I have caught tigers to 52" before and this guy dwarfed them. My guess is he was 55+ inches and 35 to 40lbs if not more. He is still in there too! I will be after him this weekend. What are the odds I get him twice?
[signature]
Great report ssabshif. I'm impressed with the amount of muskies you hook into you. Where heading up tomarrow morning for some muskie fishing hope to see you up there.
[signature]
I think I saw you last sunday. Was not sure so I did noy say anything.I will say HI if I see you tomorrow. I will be in a tan and maroon 17ft fisher tomorrow. Give me a yell if ya see me. Maybe give you a hint or two.
[signature]
where are those pictures your talken about ssabshif....any one that catches that many muskies in a day ought to share..cuz you definitely will be the king.. sheeeees what a day...give up the pics we are waiting......come on ssabshif..work with us..
[signature]
Hey Skip , Check out his previous post on 50"+ tigers .

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=54257;#54257"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=54257;#54257[/url]
[signature]
Thank you Hells. A picture can shut the worst of critics up. Like I said I got greedy and took a shoot with a 35mm today, and it most likely cost you a troughy. I only spend a month a year in utah any more due to my work ,but I will not miss july for the prime muskie season. Liston and learn!My secerts Are close to being unbroken if only you are willing to spend $50 a trip! Was the picture worth the life of the trophy for another fisherman. I really do not now what to say. I will take more shoots but it may be one less fish you catch!I will get the film developed .I will post it just so you know it died. Also Donindenver the smallmouth picture is on its way.
[signature]
I would appreciate a few more tips. You taught me alot when we went out that one day last year.I was up there last Sunday with HA69.

Skip, Nate is the king. He has this muskie fishing down to a sceince.

CARP'T
[signature]
To bad that old Tig spit the lure but it sounds like you'll be spending time chancing that knew trophy now. I wish ya the best of luck thats for sure. I'm still working on my first tigger but hey I'll get one sooner or later.
Sad about the lose of the 42 but with surfice water temps what they are, and the stress of being woren down during capture, netting and what not, infections will certainly take a few.
[signature]
Hey ssabshif........you shouldnt be chasin those alone...just a call away...your boat or mine..
[signature]