Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Hacking -225 up from -110 then -175
I guess since the latest lies about school and med school have come up, and the fact that he's been in the looney bin since thurs, the vegas bookmakers have Mark Hacking getting arrested at -225, up from -110 and then -175, meaning you now have to bet $225 to make $100

[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]

sm
[signature]
Wow I guess that I am not the only one that thinks there is something suspious there.
[signature]
I guess you realy can bet on anything in Vegas.[Wink]
[signature]
I know him. He was a staff leader with me on a Scout Youth Leadership camp for 3 years back when I was a teenager. He was the nicest guy you could ever meet, and so sincere with everything.

Who knows what sent him off the deep end and why he told all those lies. Personally, I think it would be worth betting $225 to earn a hundred. He'll be arrested soon I think.
[signature]
I personally don't know these people, but it's a very strange case.
Why would you lie about something as stupid as that?
Why would you buy a new mattress BEFORE you moved across the country?
He supposedly ran 12 miles looking for her. That seems like a long run, but then I'm a couch potato.
I don't know what happened, but he'd be my number one suspect.
[signature]
So far EVERYTHING points to him. I think this one will end up a lot more cut and dry than the Scott Peterson case. Can't imagine why he'd do all this, or what snapped in his brain or whatever.

I think he's guilty.
[signature]
I'll take your word for it, but I think it says a lot coming from someone who actually knows him. I don't know why he'd do it either, but it looks like he was facing a lot of pressure. I guess that could make you snap.
I have no idea why he'd be running around naked in front of a motel though. That one confuses me.
[signature]
I heard one theory on MSNBC the other day: He was a Psychology major, and he could be faking insanity. Studying psychology he would know exactly what symptoms he would need to mimic to fake insanity in case he needs to plead guilty by reason of insanity. My wife got her degree in Psych. too and she says he would know enough to fake it if he wanted to.
Personally, I don't think he's faking anything. You've gotta be at least a little disturbed just to lie about your schooling and all that to your family for so long.

It's Sad. I hope they find her soon -- even if it's a body it's easier than not knowing for her family.
[signature]
That makes sense. It looks like everything was coming to a head, and his lies were going to be discovered.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]You know I love this board. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? I remember when the cops said the Smarts were involved with there daughters disappearance. Now it does seem a little weird but remember we are only receiving rumor not truth. What if he didn’t hurt her and is innocent. I bet those who think he is guilty won’t even feel bad. For such a religious state we seem to judge a lot in this state. I always see this bumper sticker and I wonder if people really believe this “What Jesus would do”. I hope everything works out for the best and she is ok. My prayers and love goto the family and to her and her husband.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I personally am not convinced that he did it, but there are a lot of pieces missing from the puzzle. And I really hope they find her alive. I do think that he's the number one suspect, given his behavior.

As far as the Elizabeth Smart incident, I'm not convinced that her parents didn't have anything to do with it. I'm disgusted with the whole story. Especially the part about copyrighting the pictures of her return, and making money off of a book about the ordeal. The majority of people that I've discussed it with feel similarly.

I do believe in innocent until proven guilty, and I hope they find out what happened. However, I'm not on a jury and I have the luxury of just speaking my mind and having an open discussion of the few facts we have. It could turn out that he's just a pathological liar, and that's the extent of his involvement in his wife's dissappearance.

And I don't know what Jesus would do, but it's not really applicable since he had powers that I do not possess.
[signature]
Hey Mike don't get me wrong. I hope she's out there somewhere and will be found alive and well. Like I said I knew him a few years back and he was the nicest guy you could ever meet. He was one of the two "Captains" leaders of a youth scout camp of nearly a hundred 14 -16 year olds. He did a fantastic job and everyone loved him. All I can say with what's going on so far is that it's bizarre. Maybe he did something to her, maybe he didn't but either way he's been doing some bizarre, bizarre things lately that's for sure.

When I say I think he probably did it it's just because of all the reports I've heard. It's hard to believe that someone would act that way when their wife was missing unless they were guilty. Of course he's innocent until proven guilty, and if I were on the jury -- if there ever is one -- I wouldn't make any kind of judgement based on heresay or bizarre behavior, just on facts like the law gives us the right to.

As a bystander though, I'd say the odds are not in his favor. Only time will tell.

Man I need to get out fishing. Later.[url "javascript: addTag('Smile')"][Smile][/url]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I find it funny that we believe what the media will say as “we have received a report”. They don’t say where or whomit comes from. As far as we would know it could be from the local crack dealer/crack head down the street. Yet we here it and say yes it must be true. He is a liar even thou we never heard what he spoke. He’s a killer even thou no real proof is available. I know what Jesus would have done he never toke vengeance or called someone whore or a murder. He said yea without sin cast the first stone… Now the idea of him acting weird well those are so called reports (from whom). Show me the facts and if my wife was missing I would be acting strange also I’d go out of my mind if one of my loved ones was missing. I am always amazed to see how well people hold it together I would lose it. Well on the subject of the Smarts well If my child had been taken and returned I would do all I could to make sure the truth about the story and do everything I could to protect that child in every way and if I made money off of it great that would help in the cost for the help that child will need for the rest of there life. But when someone makes millions on the Passion of the Christ no one worries about that. Sorry but I feel like we do have some things turned around. Now don’t take it like I think no one has the right to make a movie and inspire people for awhile, but to say it is wrong to make money off your family’s misfortune, but it is ok to make money off of the death and torque of Christ. If you write a book or make a movie and make money off of it, good for you even if it is about your Christ or daughter. At least you get to express your options and ideas as a free American. Just remember not everything on the news is truth. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Please before we string him up lets get our ducks in a row. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I need to go fishing too. Boy do I here fishy fishy [/size][/font]
[signature]
And who are you to judge the validity of a story that they got from a crack head? Crack heads are people too ya know.
[signature]
NEVER SAID THEY WEREN'T, BUT ARE THEY RELIABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION. BUT USED THAT PHASE TO STATE A POINT AS WE DON’T KNOW WERE THIS INFO COMES FROM. JUST THAT WE ARE BASICING OUR IDEAS ON HERSAY. HERSAY OF PEOPLE WE DON’T KNOW TO TRUST OR NOT. YET USING THIS INFO TO CALL SOMEONE SOMETHING WE DON’T KNOW IS TRUE OR NOT.

TAKE ME FISHING!!!!!!
[signature]
At this point I'd take the word of a crack head over Mark Hacking. As far as his guilt or innocence, or arrest for that matter, we'll have to wait and see how the evidence plays out.
[signature]
nobody believes him in vegas, he's up to -660, all the money came in for guilty [url "javascript: addTag('shocked')"][shocked][/url]

sm
[signature]
Anyone still think he might be innocent?
There are some interesting discussions going on in the alt.true-crime newsgroup, and the court tv message boards.
Personally, I'm obsessed with this thing now. It's distracting me from my fishing time dammit.
[signature]
I have really been trying in both my thoughts and conversations to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I would feel terrible if I were calling someone a murderer when they were innocent. However, with the latest reports, the arrest, and the news they received (that they won't tell anyone about.) I'm afraid my doubt is about gone. It will be interesting to hear the news over the next few days. I just hope people can leave both of their families alone. It has to be a very tough time for all.
[signature]
Just arrested Mark Hacking at 11:45 am. Sounds like he finally admitted to the murder of his wife. I hope for the sake of both families that her remains are found and the family can find some closure. [url "javascript: addTag(':/')"][unsure][/url]
[signature]