Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you put the darn float tube together?
A while back, I won't say how long ago, I got a Trout Unlimited Togiak float tube from gartsports.com on the Internet. I finally decided to try it out on Friday and I couldn't make heads or tails out of the instructions!!! The seat consists of 2 thick, rectangular pieces of styrofoam that slide into a pouch-like thingy. I can't tell if they go in longways or sideways. The Velcro won't fasten completely no matter which way I put them in! AARRGGHH!!!! Can anyone help me?
[signature]
You need to PM Tubedude, if anyone can help you it would be him or Tuben2.
[signature]
Yes you should go ask this question on the Float Tube forum TD and T2 will hook you up with more info than you could ever use. [url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Hey MrLipripper congrats on the purchase of your new tube. Anyways the foama needs to go sideways in the pouch. They are primarily to sit on but also help keep the side chambers apart from each other.

Other types of Uboats have the crossbar.

If for some reason the velcro won't close, there could be a little extra material from the hard foam. It may be necessary to trim some of the material for a perfect fit. Due to their manufacturing process, the foam pieces can range a little bit in size. They probably didn't see the need for exacting tolerances in their QC dept.

You will only need to cut one of the foam pieces. If you have a band saw, it would more than ease the cutting process and help to give you more control in the cutting process.

Let me know if you need any other help. I will be glad to assist in anyway that I can.[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Thanks! I always new I wanted to be like you TubeDude and be great float tubers. Now I can! I will PM you if I have other questions
[signature]
Please be sure to get it to the right address. TubeDude is moving right now but I am watching the Float tube board. You can also PM me with any questions.[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]