Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent Fishing Reports for Washington. 7/28
Cedar River - July 6th, 2004
supplied by: [url "http://www.fisheyesoup.com/redir.php?recKey=140,re"]The Avid Angler[/url]
RECORDED: [Image: mssunny.gif] 75 ° [Image: blackSpacer.gif] FISHING: Good

Time Fished: 2:30pm to dusk

Summary: I hit one fish that was 13" and one that was 17". The larger fish fought extremely well and was completely silver and gray like a fresh run steelhead. I mostly nymphed fished with a large golden stone nymph (4, 6) and a cased caddis (12). I also took fish on a small beadhead pheasant tail (16).

There was a nice caddis hatch plus some mayflies right at dark and I fished an Elk Hair Caddis to numerous rising fish. They were mostly small, but I did get one that was pushing 12". I was fishing downstream to these fish, but that was mostly so I could see the fly against the failing light.

I also saw quite a few cased caddis, both small (12, 14ish) and the large October Caddis Pupa. Too bad the river won't be open in September when the OC adults are around!

There are also some large whitefish around and I hooked several of these. I few were even hooked fairly in the mouth!

Patterns Fished: Large golden stonefly nymphs, cased caddis, pheasant tails, elk hair caddis

I wouldn't go to the Cedar right now without:

Double bead stonefly nymph - Brown and black in size 6, 8 - Any reasonable stonefly imitation will work.
Rock Roller - 8
Rubberleg bead head hare's ear nymph - 14, 16 - This pattern has still produced well for me.
Elk hair caddis (14, 16) any color
Cased caddis - 12

Messages In This Thread
Re: [tubeN2] Recent Fishing Reports for Washington. 7/28 - by tubeN2 - 07-28-2004, 04:11 PM