Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where You Dudes Goin?
Wheres everyone goin? I missed last weekend so I need a fix-I'm goin to 11-mile to hammer some bo's and maybe a few kokes.Hey Don-come on up and I'll show you how to use a bobber- just KIDDING! Later...
[signature]
I'm thinking about trying Sanchez or Turquois and maybe 11 mile, other than that I don't know, this is the hard part.
[signature]
Hi Slayerfish-

Thanks for the invitation. How did you do? I would have taken you up on it but I was at Flaming Gorge all last week. Action wasn't fast and furious, but three of us managed macks of 12, 15, 18, 25, 26, 27, and 34 pounds. I would appreciate it if you could show me your bobber trick at 11 Mile. Still can't figure out why we couldn't catch a fish that day. I've never managed to do well at 11 Mile except through the ice. Go figger.
[signature]
Boy don it sounds like you had some great fishing! Do you ever hit blue mesa for lake trout?
[signature]
Fished 11-mile on saturday,it was a little slower than normal but I still managed 12 bos and a nice cutty.The bos are all clones from 15-17"s and the cutty was 19 1\2 and 4.5 lbs.The best method was the worm\bubble combo. Worm\bobber combo only caught like 3 fish.Same area as in earlier posts,but a little shallower,7ft.-13ft.I'm using the full moon as an excuse for the slow fishin.We fished from 7:30 till 3:30.The lake was pretty crowded,but not many in the inlet end.Some guy was showing off a Pike in the parking lot about 20lbs. Hey Don,I'd of druther been at flaming gorge tryin for those nice mac's-later
[signature]
Hi TroutFishingBear-

I've never hit Blue Mesa for macks, but I keep thinking I ought to. I'm just learning this jigging for macks. I know there are some enormous fish in Blue Mesa. Years ago I used to fish Granby for them, but kind of got out of the habit and now I'm hooked on the Gorge. There are soooo many big fish there.
[signature]
I love blue mesa. Especially ice-fishing.

Generally, you want to stick to the west side if you go there. Look for water about 60 ft. deep. The lakers average 10-15 lbs. with some 30 lb. fish caught all the time. My personal biggest is like 17, I've only went there a few times.
[signature]
Don, or anyone, where is 11-mile. I will be in Colorado next week thru the weekend. Looking fro different places to go, while I'm working that is. Al
[signature]
Alan-

Eleven Mile and Spinney Mtn Res. are within a few miles of each other, less than an hour west of Colorado Springs, and just south of US Hwy 24.
[signature]
Cool! I've got a customer in the Springs I asked if him and his son wanted to drown a worm next Sat. That will work perfect. Al
[signature]
I will also be hitting there, plus Pueblo resevoir. I used to spend a lot of time in Colorado on business. But the business got big enough I had to hire someone else to make the runs and I have to spend most of my time at the whse. I do make it out once in a while (like next week) to go out and visit the customers. he he
[signature]