Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devils Lake Report
Well i finally got my chance to get out to Devils Lake and I was very surprized and impressed.

It is crazy how the waterlevel is so high, its kind of scary, but as they say fishing is still really good, but if you are planning to come down here to do some fishing you need a boat. I had to come down here for a wedding so no boat. But i did go last night and fished 6 mile bay from the shore and managed to pick up my limit on walleyes in about 2 hours. Theyre wernt any over 4 but they were still a good size.

Well i think i am going to go out one last timed this morning before i come home, i will be sure to check in again.
[signature]
Well that morning i took my grandpa out to six mile bay on the big lake hoping for him to catch some fish and we did have some pretty good luck.

That morning we caught 6 walleye that were all past 17" so we had a pretty good day of fishing. I felt bad for my grandpa because he missed about a 10 pound pike. We were just using leaches and his line took off and he handled it pretty good knowing that his line wasnt very strong. He was trying to tire it out by letting it take the drag and reeling it in ever so often but then the fish must of had enough and took a big jump out of the water and thats how i knew it had to be at least 10 pounds it was a hog, but as soon as it jumped the line broke, so that was dissapointing.

Heres some bad news, when i was there at devils lake someone had stolen my camera with all my pictures of the walleye and some of the pictures from my minnesota and montana trip , that didnt make me very happy. So i guess i will just have to catch some extra fish to make up for it. [Wink]
[signature]
Hey sounds like it was a great trip. Too bad about the camera though[url "javascript: addTag('pirate')"][pirate][/url]
[signature]

a Another good shore fishing spot on devils lake is the east side of grahmas island have got a limit twice there.
[signature]