Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hows the pike fishing been for you all this year?
Just wonder what you all have cought for pike this year.

Include date caught/place/what on.
[signature]
Hello TFB,
I just moved here a couple of weeks ago and have yet to try the Pike fishing but am definetly looking forward to it!

Do you know of any good spots by Colorado Springs?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Considering I dont target pike unless I only have an hour to fish, I've been doing ok. Palmer Lake has a decent population of pike and it is only a few miles north of my house (I live in Gleneagle). Most are small but are fun on topwater poppers and buzz baits. The lake is way down but the pike are still there. Shore fishing only.
[signature]
I don't know of many spots too close to colorado springs, but some you can drive to fairly easily. I suggest the following lakes for trophy pike opportunities: Harvey Gap Reservoir ( home to some of my 10+ pounders), and Elevenmile reservoir. For numbers mixed with size I suggest spinny mountain, and rio blanco for extreme numbers of small ones. The yampa river also has some huge pike, home to my 12 lber while floating this year. (on a 1/8 oz. blue and silver bill lewis rattle trap) There would be more, but the us fish and wildlife and division of wildlife are horribly biased about pike, and are killing them. Release all pike you catch! Try to stop the Usfish and wildlife terrorists!

Beware about icefishing for pike here
[signature]
Thanks guys,
I am camping a Three Rivers this weekend but will be trying to get out for some pike next week. Anyone care to give it a go?

Do you guys have any suggestions for three rivers?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
None last year and none so far this year, for me they are hard to catch here in Colorado.
[signature]
want to catch hundreds of pike in the 5 to 10 pound range, several nice walleye, and a few decent bass? head down to Sanchez Res near San Luis (oldest town in CO also). Trout_Slayer, myself, and the old man have fished it hundreds of times and have yet to be dis-satisfied. toss a stump jumper along shore from a boat, or along one of the many rocky banks near the boat ramp for shore anglers and have fun.
[signature]