Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rear handle butt ends
I am tired of using the old standby butt ends that slide over the cork. I am interested in knowing of any sources or ways to make a butt plug to put on the end of the handle, preferably one that goes up into the end of the blank. Any suggestions?<br><br>
Now that you mention it, that would be a lot nicer wouldn't it. Don't know it they would work but I saw some rubber plugs at the auto parts store today that have a round pad with a plug that comes out of the center. They look like they are designed to fit into a tube or something.<br><br>I use stuff that I find all over the place for different things in my building. I picked up a package of rubber compression rings from the plumbing section at Home Depot that make nice winding checks on Bass rods.<br><br>Lee<br>Lee's Custom Rods<br>"Quality is the product of crasftsmanship"
Thanks Lee, I have also been saving cork dust from sanding grips. I now have several coffee cans full of the stuff thinking some day I will find a way to make it formable and sandable, I havn't. Has any one found an effective way to use some sort of bonding agent and a way to form this cork dust into butt ends? <br><br>