Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three Rivers?
Hello All,
Well I'm finally getting pretty settled here in Colorado and am loving it! I don't think I have seen this much different weather in the last ten years! Hail, Rain, Clouds, and lots of sun, I love it! My nieghbors are great and the new house is definetly feeling like home! Only thing I really miss about California is being able to drive to the store or run a quick errand and see at least 1 bigfishtackle.com sticker on a passing car (lol)!

I am ready to test out some Colorado fishing! Me and my family are headed down to Three Rivers to do some camping and I was wondering if anyone could give me the low down on the fishing there?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
What an epic trip! We went to Spring Creek Resevior and and the Taylor River and between me and the kids we probably caught and released over 30 rainbows and browns and BBQ'd some at the camp ground. What a great trip and a great meal. Caught some on Mepp's and Blue Fox but powerbait at the resivior is definetly the ticket.

I'll post some pictures when I get them back, but definetly reccomend the area for great camping and fishing.
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Did you catch any brookies at Spring Creek Res. its been awile since I've been there but the views are well worth the drive, plus something about the feed in that lake that make the browns paint job twice as vivid.
[signature]
I'm not well acquainted with that area, but years ago I had great times on the Taylor and the East River. It sure is pretty over there!

It's nice to have you here in Colorado!
[signature]
Hello Oats,
Your not kidding about the color, I don't think I've ever seen browns that good looking before! I was suprised but we didn't get into any brookies. We took Cottonwood Pass back and it is an amazing area! I saw the biggest buck I have probably ever seen coming through the pass.

Thank you Don, Its nice to be getting settled in. I didn't get a chance to fish Taylor because we were only there a couple of days and we did the river rafting on Sunday. I saw some amazing Northern Pike photos taken out on Taylor in the Tackle Store and definetly want to get back out and give it a go.

I am going to try to get out again this weekend someplace a bit more local. Any suggestions?
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Three Rivers Photos:
[Image: taystringer.JPG]

[Image: tannerstringer.JPG]
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator