Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Lake NY
Can anyone give me information on Black Lake in NY. I will be fishing there the first week of Sept. Any information would be helpful!!!
[signature]
Hi and welcome to the BFT message boards. I will forward this to the NY board so that some of the locals over there can give you a better idea on the fishing conditions that you are seeking.[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Thanks, I didn't know there was a NY board.[Smile]
[signature]
Hey there jrsjr, you have picked a great month to try Black Lake I generally fish there in June but from everything I'm told Sept. is great for Bass. Where will you be staying when you are up there? I have found the best action south of the Edwardville bridge down by the Islands and the mouth of the river. The lake is very consistant depth of around 16 feet. there are deeper holes into the 30's. There is good crappie action on the east side of the islands and also cats and walleye have been coming back strong. The bait shops are very helpfull as well with info on what lures are working and locations on the lake for the best fishing. This lake has never disapointed me so you should have a great time.
[signature]
I am staying at Sunnyside. I think it's right near the bridge so if I head south it should take me to area you are talking about. I will give it try. Thanks for the information.
[signature]
If you can find a hot spot map at one of the tackle shops it is real good at pointing you to the good fishing spots.
[signature]
I have one. Got it on line. Thanks again for the help.
[signature]
Hey nikkidog, They did have them at the store at the log cabin, also at Mcliers down the road. they may have some at the edwardville store. on line I just did a search for hot spot maps can't remember the actual address. there is also a new bass pro shop on rt.6 they may have some. This is a great fishery have fun.
[signature]
WoW Never thought about fishing at Black Lake the lake the name just didnt seem as nice as you guys are saying. Im a Bass fisherman myself although a Pike is nice too. I guess i will have to visit the lake right?? By the way I have a set of great books that show you every single lake and pond in New York and it gives you info on most of the lake( only on small ponds it does not) it marks all hot spots and has info about each hot spot it also gives you info on how many and what kind of fish are relased there each year. My fishing trips have improved by a million times although a lot of lakes you could see where the fish hangout from experience but the book helps a lot . If you need more info on the books what kind and i can even give you the webcite where i got it from. Juts e-mail me at soltys@earthlink.net!!! They are also available for a couple of other states and more states are coming!!!
[signature]
How was your trip to black Lake ?
[signature]
Thursday we were catching a few small mouths on live bate but could not catch anything on artificals. Friday the wind blew from the south and we caught nothing. It was very rough and was hard to fish. We didn't catch any pike and I thought that was odd. It's a beautiful lake and I would like to fish it again. So many good looking spots and just not enough time in 2 days. Learned a little this time and would hope to do better next time.
[signature]
Black Lake [cool][cool][cool] I go up just before Bass season opens this will be my fifth season. I love the panfishing the walleye and sometimes some big cats. I would like to catch one of those gars as well. We camp at Mclears great people and nice spot, 2 seconds to the dock. Let us know how tupper is. I'm always looking for over night trips too.
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool]this past weekend I got back from Black Lake after 9 days of fishing. We caught 5 northern pike 5 walleyes 1 28" cat many crappie perch and blue gills. Also managed to accidently catch 4 large mouth bass. What a great week most all fish fish were taken on light tackle with 4lb. test line. Using a Road Runner 1/16 oz. jig tipped with a minnow. We did have our slow times usually mid day and mornings seemed to out shine the evenings. What a great lake to spend a week at and the people are nice as well. Chief
[signature]