Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jig party on monday the 16th of aug
I talked to TD and we are going to do a jig making party on monday the 16th of aug. at my house in the backyard in Orem at 7PM for a couple of hours. The format as far as TD is concerned will be as follows "[size 1][#0000ff]The focus (besides meeting folks) will be general discussion of jig fishing and how making jigs can be both fun and profitable, as well as helping you fish with the right stuff when it is not available through any retail outlet" . [/#0000ff][#000000]Anyone who is interested send me a pm and I will send you my address. If you want to bring snacks that would be great. [/#000000][/size]
[size 1]Jed[/size]
[signature]
hey jed you know im in. what time are you planning this get togeather?

if anyone from up north wants to car pool down let me know via pm...
[signature]
there changed it!
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]Hey Bro, as I recall you had also indicated that you had a big garage suitable for such a "show and tell". If it is a problem for anyone up north to go all the way to Orem, we can do one up there in the next week or so too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The idea for the first "download" is simply a general introduction. After that, if anybody wants to get serious we can do a series of two or three "hands on" sessions where everybody gets a chance to pour, paint and dress their own jigs. That's the best way to decide whether it is personally worth the investment to do your own stuff.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There will be plenty of time for Q & A. And, there will NOT be a test at the end of the class.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Boy, I know where you live. Don't make me come over there,lol.
[signature]
I'd like to be there, just PM the directions, please!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
If you guys decide to do one up this way let me know. My son is really interested in making his own fishing stuff. I look at it this way anything to keep him away from the front of the TV is a good thing.
[signature]
I think petty is planning one for up there in a few weeks,
jed
[signature]
if you decide to have a jig party in ogden and you have it on a monday or teusday i would like to attend also i have alot of jig making stuff you can use powder paints maribou flashabou glitter and such a couple of vices also i have a lot of lead 150lbs bit i have no melting pot or molds if anybody needs any let me know also i have a couple of tables you can use at the jig party
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]Hey spinnfisher, that's good to know. For the first session, I will be bringing a lot of "show and tell" stuff. The next sessions, for those who want to get involved, will require some tables to allow everybody work room. We will also probably have to limit the workshops to make sure we have both space and time to get through them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I suggest you PM Petty and we can work out something that will fit everybody's schedules. I have already had a couple of PMs from others in Ogden expressing an interest in doing something up there. I will make my schedule fit whatever you guys come up with.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
we can do a jig party at my place in ogden, i have a big garage and im thinking august 30th
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]That shows up as a Monday on my calendar. If you want to plan it for 7 PM, that should give most folks a chance to make it. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'm down widdat. You can make the formal announcement whenever we get a consensus agreement.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Our first run-through at Jed's place this coming Monday will give us some idea of how much ground we can cover and what the most important issues are to most attendees.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
just a quick reminder that the jig party is tomorrow. if any last minute people want to come let me know,
jed
[signature]
Hey Jed, wish I would have seen this a couple days ago. My buddy Scott was talking about learning how to do that yesterday.
I'd like to try and make it to the party. Me and Scott.
Kinda like to meet this tubedude guy also.
Still room for two more??

If so P.M. me the address.

Thanks,

walleyebob
[signature]