Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer creek report 08-13-04
Wiperslayer and I fished DC today from 6:30am to 2pm. Water level had dropped several feet since the last time I was there about a month ago. After trying the West shore line with no success we headed toward the Provo inlet were several boats were fishing. One boat caught a nice fish right as we started fishing and we missed a few but that was it so we started working the area to the East, a month earlier it was a week line. After locating some fish on the finder we throw out a marker and stayed there for the rest of the day. The first fish we caught was a small walleye and we thought we found an eye hot spot but it turned out to be a smallmouth hot spot. We ended the day with 35 plus smallmouth, none over 11 inches and 3 walleye, the biggest was only 15 inches. It was a great day on the water the only problem was the water skiers, one came so close to a guy in a canoe that I thought it was going to sink. At the last moment the guy in the canoe was able to turn into the wave but long before the ski boat came by, the guy in the canoe was waving the boat off because he was coming so close. I sure wish those park rangers would get out there and do their job. WH2
[signature]
Hey, wipperhunter2, Flashyfish2 here, my friend and I saw you guys out there in "the flats" as we call the area you were fishing with the orange marker out. We saw the canoe almost get tipped and the fisher yelled at the boat. We were in the Sea Dory. The ocean boat that looks like a tug. We didn't spend to much time up in the shalows. We were searching for the Bows and maybe a walleye or 2. It seems like lately there has been a lot of little walleye up there. We caught 6 bows on a yellow flatfish. They wouldn't touch anything else. And we didn't find them till 9:30 and they turned off at 10:00. shoulda found them earlier. Then we headed up where you were. We were wondering what you were catching. I'll have to try marking, and csting up there sometime. I really don't like to eat fish but the walleye are worth taking home. It was good to see someone from the web site. Thanks for the report. flashyfish2
[signature]
Welcome to the site Flashyfish2, we were watching you guys also and noticed your boat the first thing in the morning. That is a nice boat, it looked like it was set up for fishing Alaska or at least the ocean. We were also after walleye but the big eyes were closed mouth for some reason. Last year at this time we caught a lot of bigger eyes on the west shore but the higher water has changed where they are hanging out this year.
It looks like your boat would be nice to fish in later this year at the Gorge or Bear lake when it gets cold, what lakes do you usually fish? Thanks for your report, I'll look for your boat the next time out. WH2
[signature]
Thanks for the welcome wiperhunter2. We do take it to the oceon. But it goes to the gorge a lot. We just set the downriggers out and go inside for some hot chocolate. The Gorge has been good so far this year. I caught a 43 inche 37 lb mack this year. That's the biggest for me. My friend with the boat has caught several in the low 40s inches this year. They just seem to be getting bigger. But there ia sure a lot of the little pups. Some one needs to take a bunch of them home. I'm not a fish eater. I just love to fish. I was up on Bear lake last week, caught a couple of macks and a bunch of cuts. Only one big cut. 27 inches. The biggest mack was 32". But it is so awesome to see them come up through that crystal blue water. I was up there in my ski/fishing boat. See ya on the water. flashyfish2
[signature]
Nice to have met you and wiperslayer @ Sams while filling your tanks. Would never have know if it wern't for the BFT shirt.
[signature]
Welcome aboard flashy. Thanks for the info on the gorge. I would love to get back up there one day, used to live in Rock Springs and went often.
[signature]
Those BFT shirts do come in handy, it was good to meet you also Chayden.
[signature]