Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bad day at pineview 8/14
me my dad and his friend decided to go to pineview yesterday to try and catch some muskie. at about 6:30 am i was just about to pass the snow basin turn off when a deer came sprinting across the road about 25 ft in front of me there was no time to do anything except hit him. the buck did a good amount of damage to my truck. the worst part is i didn't even hook into a muskie. all i caught was 1 small mouth bass with my 9 1/2in assasin.

here are a couple of pics of my truck and the deer
As bad of a day as it was for you, it was even a worse day for the deer! I did exactly the same thing, awhile back, on my way to pick up Road to do some fishing at Strawberry. It definitely gets your blood pumping to see one of them run in front of your vehicle.
[signature]
Hey did you have a permit for that deer! Well at least you caught one.Look at it this way the deer had a worse day than you!
[signature]
Are you supposed to contact anyone after you hit a deer? Ive never experienced it and was just wondering in case my karma takes a fall and it happens to me in the not too distant future.
Anthony
[signature]
Stupid deer! Well I think he got the worst of it though.[Wink] Too bad you didn't hook into any muskies though. Hope your next trip is a little more productive, at least with the fish anyways.
[signature]
[reply]
[size 1]It definitely gets your blood pumping to see one of them run in front of your vehicle. [/size]

[/quote]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I remember last winter on the east side of Bear Lake when Petty, Kent and myself went ice fishing. Some deer come off the hill in front on my truck. I don't know which startled me more, Kent's reaction to the deer or the deer themselves. Luckily we didn't hit any deer. I know one thing, if Kent would of needed mouth to mouth from skipped heart beats, Petty was going to do it...[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
if kent would have needed mouth to mouth he would have died that day. it was bad enough he tried to climb in the back seat with me.
[signature]
It's always nice to know who your friends are; or, I guess in this case who they aren't! I want you both to know that I am also sure glad that I didn't need mouth to mouth!
[signature]
Oh fishnpro19, I'm sorry about Your Truck & the Deer, You would think that you'd at least have hooked a Muskie to help make up for all the crap you went through huh?.
[signature]