Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pinview report 8/15/04
well, caught to smallies from pretty much shore.. was in a boat docked on the sand all the way up the middle arm of the lake..

later in the day doing some drag fishing up near the dam, what I mean by drag fishing is letting the wind blow us from the buoy's down to the opening to the dam..

I spent the whole weekend up there.. but only fished on sunday...

I been trying to kneeboard.. had some really nice smooth water saturday and sunday, until it got windy on sunday.. then when the thunderstorms hit, everyone pretty much vacated.. although I saw a bunch of idiots coming on the lake.. I even told they they were crazy, and they just replied "It's the best to go..

anyway's.. some off subject info.. and petty if you see this.. say hi for a change man. sheesh..

Jur
[signature]
how many smallies did you catch and what size were they running? I know most of what I have heard of coming out of there this year have been pretty small,
jed
[signature]
I was up the Center Arm of pineview, and then it splits 3 ways again, up the center fork.. all the way in the back next to a no camping sign and what looked like a camping spot for people..

I think it was a striped bass, about 5-6 inches, and a Catfish 7-8 inches.. not big at all.. not even worth taking.. ended up leaving my hooks with the fish to disolve as they are supposed to cuz they both swallowed the things,, that's why I like the bigger fish, they don't swallow everything.. if I get an airial pic of pineview I could show you exactly where I was..

I did forget we did some trolling, and I Pm'ed petty, telling him he needs to teach me to troll at pineview.. hehe.. but maybe the wind and the rough water just didn't do it for the fish..

and it's always nice to see ya jed, even though we have never met in person, I have read a ton of your post's to pineview.... me, my fishing partner and petty4life went to causey last year, I don't think we caught anything. hehe.. but I can catch hella smallies up there with a gold spinner.. hehe.. along the damn oppisite of the dam.. right next to those rocks. you can get 6-7 or more chasing your spinner, if your looking for smallies to catch.. it's fun watching a bunch chase your lure..

Jur.
[signature]
petty is a good guy. we give each other a lot of crap, but he is a lot of fun to fish with. if you get a chance to go with him again definitely take him up on it you will have a good time,
jed
[signature]
pineview really isnt my cup of tea. ive only caught 1 tiger and i didnt get it in my boat. just read peoples reports here and you'll learn. now willard and east canyon i can show ya a few things
[signature]
fishing with Jed is like going to the dentist, it hurts but its just something you have to do once or twice a year
[signature]
what's this I give you nothing, but a great compliment and you insult me, well I curse you that your next child will be born naked!
jed
[signature]
oh god, you and petty fricken crack me up..

K then petty, tell me what to use up at east canyon.. hehe..

and how's the fishing up there anyhow?

and since petty don't like pineview, I guess me and jed will have to go.. that's if he wants to.. hehe

Chris
Jur.
[signature]