Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celeste is learning to wade for trout ( PICTURES )
Last week, Celeste (my 6 yr. old) caught her very first trout. A 12 inch Brown. This week she was at it again. We rigged a 1 to 1.5 inch crawdad under a bobber. I would cast it upstream and hand her the rod. She'd hang on to it and reel it back in when it got down stream.

I convinced Celeste to come into the water to fish. She was MORE than willing to do what she has seen her mother do many times before. In she came, capri pants rolled up to her thighs and a pair of flip flops on.....

[Image: CelesteandSusan.jpg]

Her first trout that she hooked up with, shook the hook free....

[Image: FishOnCeleste.jpg]

Standing in the creek, the trout were very acrobatic. While we were watching downstream, a little brown trout jumped clear out of the water... dolphin style. Celeste and I both saw the whole side view of this hungry little fish and both said "Aw, did you see that?" at the same time.

Right after that, she hooked into another trout. This time she got a strong hookset and brought it in. It was a beautiful, nine inch brown.

[Image: Celestes9inchtrout.jpg]

We took pictures and then measured it with my MINI LEATHERMAN tool...
(thanks to B.F.T.)

[Image: measuringCelestestrout.jpg]

Then she let it go in the creek.... just like Mommy.

[Image: CelesteCR.jpg]

With another crawdad on the hook... we were at it again.......

[Image: FisherMOM.jpg]
[signature]
Congrats! I bet that made you one happy mom[url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]
[signature]
WHAT A SMILE on your daugthers face keep up the good work
[signature]
Another little fisherperson on the way! You must be so proud of her! Like mother like daughter!
[signature]