Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you participate in any fishing tournaments?
POLL: Do you participate in any fishing tournaments?
[ul] [li]Yes[/li] [li]No

[/li][/ul]
[signature]
I haven't been in one yet. All we have in North Dakota is walleye tourneys[url "javascript: addTag('Sad')"][Sad][/url]. Maybe some day I will start a bass tournament![url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url] If nothing else I guess I'll go join tubeN2 in a bass tournament in Cali[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
I do participate. Out here in Cali, we have tourneys quite often. I haven't entered all of them mostly because I don't have a boat yet. I do enter the float tubing events though.

We have float tube derbies for LMB and Trout. There is plenty of room for a couple more tubes, so bring them on!!![url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
No.

What I participate in is one-day contests. Well, unless you consider the 16-species thing on here as a tournament.

[Wink]
[signature]
yes but just the local big bass ones
No, maybe it's just me but I never took to someone telling me where to fish, when to fish, and when to stop. I have to get atleast 8-9 hours on the water when I go out. Some of the guys here that do the tournys are not the most freindly guys that I've met. [url "javascript: addTag(':|')"][unimpressed][/url] I win a prize every time I have a rod in my hand.
[signature]
i did for 2 years in our local bass turnys.i agree with gdn443,they are not nice guy to fish with,when money is at stake,it changes some
[signature]
No

I've done support work for tournaments but not competed.

JapanRon
[signature]
you can say that again, I too had a bad experiance once some 15 years ago where by the rules I and my partner by the rules given at the begining of the open tourny had actualy won.

the prize was only a hundred bucks but the judge allowed a contestant to come in half hour late on a lake with a 5 horse motor from the furthest point on the lake is only 5 minutes away.

the judge was also in the tourny not to mention a member of the club. he couldnt bear to part with the prize money to non club members. I guess they did not like my old rickety row boat... LOL

They laughed at us when we signed on for the compitition them with their multi thousand bass boats.... I quoted some forgotton greek saying "fancy boats a bass angler makes not" (cloths do not make the man)

I seldom ever get to use my lattin any more.

I thought they would had at least would have extended the invitation for me and my partner to join the club. But that didnt happen eather.

costed me $5 bucks to learn a valuable lesson. It dosnt take much money to spur on the greed of some people. Just yesterday I was out fishing for a couple hours and when I docked I had to walk a hundred yards to get my truck, my boat would have been visable to me at that distance except for the boat that was launching between my truck and my boat. when I got back to my boat these people with out my knowing had alomst unhooked my 5 horse motor from my row boat. they were driving a big 4x4 with a boat bigger than the house I live in. I didnt notice it untill I had pulled out and away to the tie down area wich is about 100 yards from the dock.

today I was in the bait shop getting another supply of crawlers and some guy pulled in with a big new motor home he had walked over to my boat and was looking around.

I can remember when we didnt have to lock our doors cause our neibors were the best watch dogs now I have to wory about the neighbors...

Now I konw that every one is not like that and for the most part these perps are the exception to the rule but they sure do put a damper on a mans faith and trust in an a fellow american....

but to get back to the tournaments question I think for the most part most anglers are pretty good about it at least from what I have seen and yes I cant deny that there are the exceptions here also. those type of people can sure take the fun out of a tourny when a man puts his skills and luck against another's.

my answer to the poll is yes, when I have the perce to enter I will...
[signature]
[Wink]I enter fish tournaments afew times a year. I stopped Bass Tournaments also due to unfriendly bass members. I fish the LCI on L. Champlain between VT/NY. And 3-4 ice derbies each winter. I might do another open Bass T some day, as I know I have a good chance to win.
I prefer larger fish like Pike and cats.
[signature]
Dose a casting tournament count

Maddawg
[signature]