Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flamming Gorge
I been up to the Gorge for the last five days and I must say it was a pretty good trip. We caught Kokes, Macks and Smallmouth. The Koke fishing was kinda slow we only averaged around 10 fish in about four to five hours but the size of fish was unreal. The Kokes averaged about 3 pounds or so but we did catch several in the four pound range. We caught all our Macks jigging but they were all pups in the 4 to 8 pound range. The smallmouth fishing was really good for small ones but we did get a couple of nice 2 to 3 pound fish. But all in all it was a good trip by the way the Kokes are starting to stack not real heavy yet but we did see some boats catch fish by jigging. One other thing I heard that someone caught the new state record Koke in Wyoming 5pound 9 ounces. I don't Know if this is for sure true but I tell you what thats a good fish.<br><br>
Sounds like a good trip. Did you camp or stay at a hotel?? I read that the water level is extremely low. Glad you caught fish, makes a trip a lot more fun! [Smile]<br><br><font color=purple><b>The Fisherless Fishermen</font color=purple></b>
We stayed at the KOA it's not as nice as being next to the water but it wasn't to bad. The water level is really low.<br><br>