Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington Reservoir, Utah
I haven't posted a report in quite a while, mostly because I have been so busy with work and other less important things that have taken over my fishing time. Last night a friend and I went to Huntington reservoir to float tube for tiger trout. We had a great time and great cooperation from the weather. We each landed about 8 fish and had who knows how many other bites.

We started out in our float tubes on the side of the lake right next to the road and fished from the middle of the lake all the way to the dam. The wind was just enough at first to keep us slowly moving towards the dam at just the right speed to allow the fish to find and demolish our jigs. We were using the Berkley 1 inch power nymphs on small jig heads, as you can see in the pictures. We put a two inch piece of worm on the jigs and the tigers loved it.

The smallest fish caught was mine and it was only about five inches long. It was such a small tiger that I didn't even know I had it on. I also caught the largest tiger which was between 17 and 18 inches and put up a great fight. I did nearly two full circles in my tube before I was able to land this fish. They sure fight a lot better than Scofield's and Strawberry's cuts. All we caught were tiger trout and that is ok because that is what we went after.

A little side note for those interested. While floating around in our tubes we heard an elk bugle three times. We only got sprinkled on with rain a couple of times and it ended up being a great trip. The first picture is of my friend with my first baby tiger of the day. The second and third pictures are of the same tiger with the jig in it's mouth.
[signature]
Good report fishluvr. Nice pictures too!
[signature]
simply beautiful!
fish.[url "javascript: addTag('sly')"][sly][/url]
[signature]
Nice report and nice fish. Good pics too.

Keep the fishing trips rolling and reports coming. I love the look of those Tigers.[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Nice fish. I like that little jig. I might have to try something like that around here in Oklahoma.

My confidence baits are crawdad imitation jigs. [url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]Good stuff and pretty pics.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I would be jealous, but I hit both Deer Creek and Jordanelle today. Full report later...with pics.[/#0000ff]
[signature]