Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]Hi there Pat, Not taking anything away from Arizona, now I know why you went back to Utah. The last time I was in your beautiful state was back in 1958 when my wife and I relocated from the East to SOCAL. Came through Denver then Salt Lake never getting any further North. On my return trip from Victor Idaho to my home I took #26 then 89 all the way to US 15. Really saw some great sites stopping often to grab off some pics.
Never did get my tube wet. As I mention elsewhere Jackson Lake was very low as was the PaliSades reservoir. Tubing the Snake in the Teton Park is off limits although toons are okay. Didn't care to tube the So. Fork near Swan Valley as the current was too swift.
Didn't like hitting a metal crate doing 90 just past Nephi. Blew out my right rear tire. The car in front pulling a low trailer blew his RR tire as well in addition two other cars behind me had similar problems. Fortunately no accidents resulted from all this mess.
[signature]
[#0000ff]Hey Dryrod, my reasons for moving back to Utah were not all based upon fishing. We have a lot of family here, since this is where TubeBabe was borned and raised.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]However, it did not hurt that Utah provides some of the best diverse fishing in the country. There are few species of freshwater fish in the US that cannot be found somewhere in the "Beehive State". In many cases, the fishing for them is equal or better than anywhere else you can find them. In other cases, the species are sparse to nonexistent, if they were the result of failed experiments.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]For troutaholics, including fly flingers, there are countless opportunities to catch really decent sized trout, of several species. And, even though there are some large population bases, you can find solitude and trout within an easy drive of the largest cities.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Too bad about the road hazard mishap. I feel your pain. I have had similar encounters where you were on top of the object before you could react. At the very least, it costs a tire or two. At the worst, you can become a statistic. Just goes to show that no matter how dull the drive, you need to stay aware of the road and those around you.[/#0000ff]
[signature]