Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Report 8/23/04
fished strawberry this morning with fishonlynch and jedburton out of fishonlynch's boat, started out just outside of mudcreek jiging in 35ft of water caught 2or3 there then the weather turned bad and we got off the water. where going to wait out the storm but then deceided to go over to the soiler creek side, put in there and started trolling with no results went back to jiging and caught a few mor cut all cuts where in the slot limit. buzz-its caught most of the fish.
[signature]
Trolling seems to not be the way to go now . Did you get rained on ? Never heard of a buzz-its . So what is it ? I was fishing Bitsy tubes in a white with pepper yesterday .
[signature]

fishing this morning was a lot of fun. It was cold and rainy, but we still caught some nice fish. here are the pics. It was nice to see that my jigs were working,
jed

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3](edit) deleted oversized pics from post. Remember, 400 pixel max width to post in body of message. Thanks. BLM[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
ive only seen buzz-its at hooked there a modified curly tail
[signature]
[size 1]Just FYI

I and my son fished the berry for about 3 hours Saturday morning and were able to boat approx 30 fish (all but 2 in the slot and all cuts...) as you know there was a hint of fall in the air and the cuts were very active on top. we used the downriggers just so we could work light poles but only droped to 7'. my boy even landed a 19" cut by just dragging his rapala behind the boat right on top of the water. lots of fun but it would be nice to have a limit to put on the barbi... [/size]
[signature]