Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pa's list of contaminated waters
Here is the link to a list of pa. contaminated waters. pdf. format.

[url "http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/deputate/watermgt/Wqp/WQStandards/FishAdvis/FishAdvisory04-Tbl.pdf"]http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/deputate/watermgt/Wqp/WQStandards/FishAdvis/FishAdvisory04-Tbl.pdf[/url]
[signature]
ouch,

those are a pretty serious stipulations. I dont think michigan has adviaories that bad. if they do they havent menentioned it. I think ours is about once or twice per week. I would have to double check that to be sure...
[signature]
you are correct...

this problem has been around for longer than most people realize.

it was not all that long ago when every one was heating homes with coal... emagine every smoke stack in town blowing out black smoke on a daily basis...

and this was the case all the way back in to the 15 century. of corse the last hundredfifty years was a real killer... from the late 1860s to the early 1940s people had to wear over coats to keep soot fall outs from covering them while walking the streets.

but today we have the added toxins that includes the hybred contaminants from toilet cleaning products to chemical dumpings of our factorys.
[signature]
True Dave, and I wonder how many fish were actually tested to produce such warnings. I know people that have been eating fish from these waters since they were born and they haven't had any problems.
[signature]
we know they are not doing the studies on a yearly baises, in michigan where I live our advisory is now 3 years old. I checked the info provided to the public and it is dated 2003 which means it came out in 2002 we are now coming up on 2005.

I doubt things would change in a years time that is unless some one dumps again...

as far as testing fish what they have found out is the younger fish have less contaminants than the larger fish. meaning the yunger the fish is the safer it is and the older it is the more contaminants it has collected during its life time.

ergo I may eat a 14-17 inch bass but there is no way would I eat a 20+ inch bass...
[signature]