Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New To Washington
I will be moving from Denver to the Tacoma area Oct.1. I could use some information on the local fishing. I do not have a boat yet so it will be shore fishing for me for now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
welcome to Washington...

I dont live there so I wont be much help in finding a local fishing hole. I can tell you that washington has a temendous salmon and trout fishing.... I think you will be moving in just in time to run in to them....

I know the charters will be running full force october through november. But our first hope is you will pick up a BFT fishing partner.

good luck and be sure to let us know how you do, on all aspects, finding a hole, finding a new fishing buddie.... I know how hard both can be....
[signature]
I'm from Washington but now live in Utah. There is plenty of fiahing around the Tacoma area. Where exactly will you be? Do fish, lakes, streams or all? Point Defiance in Tacoma is excellant for salmon. You can rent a boat or go out on a charter. You are close enough to the mountains that you can also hit a bunch of mountain lakes and streams also. Let me know what your looking for and I'll see what I can do to help. Al
[signature]
Hey baldman12. Hi and welcome to the BFT message boards. Keep an eye out. I usually post weekly reports. Check them out and see whats hot in your area.[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I will be living in Kent for the first few months until I find a house in the Tacoma/Seattle area. I would like to fish both salt and fresh water in the area. Where would you guys suggest in the Kent area?
[signature]
It looks like Lake Washington and Lake Merridian would be your best bet for freshwater. Lake Merridian will be closer. If you get a chance, the Green River is always a delight for

There are a few spots there around Puget Sound that should be good for you saltwater needs. Browns point is one of the favorites but not on this map. Dash point is still good. If you hurry, you can still get in on the Salmon season.

Here is a map that can help you a little in determining some areas of recreation.
[center][Image: WhereIsKent.gif][/center]
[signature]
Depending what part of Kent your in, Lake Meridian in on the East side and you have lake Fennwick and Angle Lake on the west side. There is also Lake Desire and Ravensdale lake on the east side. Also close are Lake Washington, Lake Tapps, the Green River, Cedar River and a few other rivers close. All of these places are within a half hour drive of Downtown Kent. Well, Lake Tapps might take you up to 45 min. The sound is only about a half hour drive also, depending on what part of it you want to go to. I'm from the Kent/Auburn area originally. If your into hiking there are thousands of lakes that are really close also. One of my favorites is Packwood Lake. Its about a four mile hike through some of the most beautiful timber you'll ever see. I've been going up there since before I was a boy scout. I even took my scout troop up the a few times. Al
[signature]
Thank you all for your help. I arrived in Kent on Friday and will try to get on the water sometime this month. What species should I expect to catch in the sound on the shore? It will be a while before I get a boat. Also, what methods should I use?

Thanks for all of the help.
[signature]
if you sign up as a member you will see we have a privet message system to protect against spamers
[signature]