Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any trout in Ohio
Hello, I may be transfering to the Columbus area, just wondering what kind of fish are around there? Any trout streams?
[signature]
Welcome IceRod to the Ohio forum.

The streams of ohio contain native trout and provide a nice challange to locate and land.
When it comes to rainbow in Ohio, there is little or no natural reproduction, so the Ohio Division of Wildlife raises and stocks rainbow (steelhead) trout in Lake Erie tributaries. The young trout live in these streams for one or two years before migrating out to Lake Erie. They remain in the lake for several years before they return to the tributaries to run upstream and attempt to spawn.
Also:
More than 110,000 rainbow trout, measuring 10 to 13 inches, will be released in 45+ Ohio lakes and ponds from March through May to enhance public fishing opportunities, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife.
Adult Rainbow trout average 20 to 23 inches in length. The state record rainbow weighed 20.97 pounds and measured 36.5 inches in length.
If or when you relocate let me know and we will try to get you out on the water for some nice fish.
[signature]
Thanks for the info, the last few years I have became addicted to fly fishing for trout. Knowing that there is trout in Ohio, might make my decision of moving easier.
[signature]
Ice fishing is one thing I like but here in Ohio the Ice has remained short lived over the last couple of years. We will have to get together and hit some of the great streams in Ohio after you arive.
[signature]
I am in Columbus now checking it out for 2 weeks, it looks good, the comany needs me here by Jan 1st so I have a little time to get house sold, etc...

You know of any other good discussion boards that cover fishing, hunting, or backpacking in Ohio?
[signature]
do you fish for any thing other than trout.

you ever concider salmon?

what town are you taking up redency at and how far are you willing to drive?
[signature]