Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is your favorite fishing show?
Is it listed below or do you have one not listed?

[ol] [li][size 2][black]Joe Bucher Outdoors
The Bassmasters
Bill Dance Outdoors
In Shore Angler
The Spanish Fly
In-Fisherman Television
Strike King’s Pro Team Journal
The Fishin’ Hole with Jerry McKinnis
Fishing Across America[/black][/size]
[/li] [li][size 2][black]Fishing University
Walker’s Cay Chronicles
Linder’s Angler’s Edge
Totally Hooked
Jimmy Houston Outdoors
North American Fisherman
The Bass Class with Denny Brauer
Addictive Fishing
One More Cast with Shaw Grigsby
[/black][/size][/li] [li][black][size 2]Fishing with Roland Martin
Beat Charlie Moore
Fish On!
Wal-Mart Great Outdoors
Mark Sosin’s Saltwater Journal
Babe Winkelman’s Good Fishing
The Bass Professor
Hank Parker’s Outdoor Magazine
[/size][/black][/li][/ol]
[signature]
I think that one of my all time favorites would have to be the Spanish Fly. I used to watch him catching Tarpon in Florida on a fly rod. That's Incredible[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Hi there,

My favorite is Spanish Fly. Why? He fishes the salt, fly fishes a lot and has tons of info on fish behavior, tackle, lures and is just plain a fantastic representative of anglers.

I didn't see George Popopln???? name or show. His shows usually cover the New England and East Coast areas.

I also didn't see another favorite Mark Sosin's Saltwater Journal.

Of course, locally I watch Dan Hernandez's show.

JapanRon
[signature]
I've never heard of most of them shows. I'd definitely hafta say that since I'm a huge Al Lindner fan, his Angler's Edge show is #1 on my list, followed by In-Fisherman Television. I used to watch Bill Dance all the time until I discovered In-Fisherman (when Al was still in charge).
[signature]
Well for what it's worth I got up one day and decided to produce my own show. Grabbed the camera and went for it. Got a video editing package for around $30.00. Added a firewire hookup to the computer and after a few days I had a show put together. Did every thing myself. Production budget was like zero. It's up there on my site on the "video" page. Here's the address: [url "http://www.xflyz.com"]http://www.xflyz.com[/url] I call 'my show'; "Have Rod Will Travel". Due to an unemployment period and a long story I have not been able to shoot anymore video. And there have been no sponsors lining up to get the show on the road!!!!LOL.....
[signature]
I'm not real fussy I enjoy them all, I would like to see more on ice fishing. Linders edge does get there once in a while. They all have their own little tricks and quirks. I do get a kick out of Bill Dance's outtakes. Like the one where he is on an ATV and wants to go backwards but ends up in the water instead.
[signature]
I agree, we need more ice fishing shows.... there is a whole nother world they are missing out there.... I think the problem is that the camera man just cant stand the eliments of a good ice fishing day, let a lone a cold one...[Tongue]
[signature]
There's a couple ice fishing shows on another fishing board that I go to. But I'm not gonna mention them. They've been losing people lately due to their overly strict rules.
[signature]
Chuck, I'm definitely gonna hafta vote for your show as the best. The thing that clenched it for me was the American Flag with the eagle head. Love it! Love it! Love it!

As soon as I have some extra money I'll send some your way. Gotta support our fellow American's. Of course, I don't use flyz because I don't know how to fly fish, nor do I own fly fishing equipment.
[signature]
DDR; Chuck (xflyzguy) here. I want to thank you for about the nicest compliment I have ever recieved. And you don't have to flyfish with my flies, they work for trolling and with some creative rigging they can be used alot like soft plastics. They can also be used for a spinner type presentation. I would simply use egg leads or craftstore hematite beads to add casting weight. I would also use a bead with a toothpick broken off jammed in the hole in front of the fly to hold the entire deal together so it doesn't s-p-r-e-a-d-o-u-t- when you cast/pitch/flip whatever. I also seem to remember you asking for/about the wiggle fins. I started a new thread on the tackle page and re-weighed in on the wiggle fins and the new seriesII larger ones. I have to say that wiggle fins are the most bang for the buck item to come out in years. I don't work for them, and I don't think they even know I exist. If you would send me an address I will send you some flies and stuff just so you can touch feel smell see and then maybe you will tell a friend or two to help spread the word. I think just spreading the word would be more helpful than sending me any money at this point. I would feel bad accepting a contribution from anyone unless it was from a potential partner/sponsor kind of thing. I think that the/a show is the way to go about this whole thing and right now I have day job that actually leaves Teresa and I without the means/funds/time/energy to get out there and film the real deal even with my one man band set-up. I have not even been back out on the water in MY scanoe or my Hewescraft since I filmed my show on July 22,'03. I better cut myself off here, and thanks again. SEND an address and I will send you some goodies, Chuck and Teresa.
[signature]
My fav is all the ones that have fish in them![sly]
[signature]