Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peons' Report Lake X 9-4
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]Okay, we have heard how the other half lives (on the edge). Here's our humble report, minus the power and the plastic.

Arrived at the PWC launch ramp about 6:30. Air temp 48, water 63. Light onshore (south) breeze. Died down even as we were getting launched. Almost calm as we began casting spinners.

For about a half hour, we got lots of pops. Most were rainbows. Landed a couple and arranged "long line releases" for several others. A couple of smallies got jealous and ate the trout spinners. Biggest for TubeBabe was about 11". My biggest was 14". Fun on ultralight.

Everything shut down about 8 and we kicked across the bay to the rip rap cove. Stopped to fish the brush-covered points on the way. No smallies, but found some perch in 25 feet of water and exercised a few.

Sun came out of the cloud cover intermittently to display the colors starting to show on the hillsides. Found fish in shallower water in the cove...from 7 to 15 feet. Got lots of small perch, a few dink smallies and one perch about 12".

We had been sprinkled on a few times, and the wind began to pick up so we decided to make it an early day. Good thing. We got off the water just as the lightning began to hit the mountains to the west...and not that far to the west. Lightning rod is not on my job description.

It seemed to be an early bite this morning again. Folks fishing from the bank and other boats did not seem to be doing anything at all.
[signature]
We call that rip rap cove the "old rock quarry". I thought about going up there looking for ya.
[signature]