Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubin report
Well I headed out today to a lake and did very well. The lake is full of timber and I fished every piece I could find but did not find nor see one bass. The bass in there can be a mystery at times. Well lucky for me the trout were biting[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]. The lake has always done well for trout, it just that nobody nows about it[url "javascript: addTag('sly')"][sly][/url]. The trout were surfacing from the time I got their to the time I left. Man did I wish I had a fly rod with me, that would have been fun! So instead I put a slip bobber on with a worm on the hook and slowly trolled (or kicked[url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]) until I got a strike. The trout were 14-15 inches, but the best was yet to come. I started trolling with the bobber then all of a sudden it goes straight down in a hurry!! I set the hook and a huge rainbow trout leaps completely out of the water, that was an awesome sight. After it went on a couple runs I finally got it in the net. It turned out to the biggest trout I've ever caught to date: A 20 inch rainbow trout. I was using a light action rod with 6 pound test, no need to say that was a battle.

Unfortunetly I did not have a camera with me. Tommorow I will have to go buy one of those water proof ones.

Tight lines!
[signature]
Hey there Bassmaster-ND,

Check out the tiny Bell-Howell 10, digital camera that runs for around $25.

I bought three just in case. fantastic

USB connection, CD editing software.....

JapanRon
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]Sounds like a fun day with the troutskis. That 20" would make anyone's day.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I suspect that the bass might be going deeper for the winter. Probably pulling away from shallow structure and moving toward creek channels and other deeper spots. This is a good time to fish low and slow with big baits, like jig and pig. The fish are not as active as during the summer, but they will still hit, if you can find them.[/#0000ff]
[signature]