Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ski and Fishing Boat?
Hello All,
Looking at boats and need some input. We looking for a fishing boat that also provides enough power to ski behind. Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to go keeping costs as low as possible?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
This website may provide some help:

[url http://www.geocities.com/palmbeachboatin...l]Choosing A Boat[/url]

and here's a list of boats you may want to consider:

[url http://www.boattraderonline.com/browse/b....html]Fish and Ski[/url]
[signature]
Picking up a used one will save you litteraly thousands.

picking one up now and having it tunned up for spring will save you tons of waiting time come spring if you have it done now.

the size of ski boat you are intrested in will depend apon how many people are going to ride in the boat with you while skiing.

do you plan on doing a lot of entertaining?

are you planning on floating something new?

If you are you might want to get a hold of one of them salesman from one of this years boat shows and talk to them about parting with one of their floor models.
[signature]
Hey Mike,
I'm a fan of tracker or fisher. Mine is a 16' tracker with a 60 HP Merc. I have towed a tube and 5 people on board at a speed of 20MPH. at 5200 rpms. The tracker and fisher are basiclly the same boat. Mine has an almost 8' beam and is very stable for fishing and ruff fwater. A 75hp merc would probably do you just fine attached to a 17' boat. I prefer aluminum over fiber, they take a little more abuse. Larry
[signature]
I might have a bayliner trophy 19' center console up for sale soon. I would say something like this has worked great for my family of 4. You can ski/tube behind it and there are enough seats for four. Plus a 125hp motor gets it up and on plane fast. If it is something you are interested in send me a PM and I will send you some pics of it, if anything so you have a good idea of the style.
[signature]