Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinview report (9-6-04)
Made it up to pineview today for some late evening muskie fishing. The boat ramp was busy and there was the maximum boats allowed on the water (300). Had to wait alittle bit for a boat to come off the water before they would let me launch, ended up lauching my boat at 5:00pm. Started out in the narrows since its wakeless and you don't have to watch out for all of the crazy water skiers and jet skiers. Caught 1 small mouth bass along the rocks in the first half hour. Then made my way over to the south side and trolled for about an hour and hooked up with a muskie he was about 26". Decided to go try over on the north side of cemetery point for the last hour of daylight, on my way over I ran into a couple fisherman who ran out of gas so I towed them back to the marina and decided to call it a day. It was a good way to end the weekend after building a fence for the past two days. Surface temperture was 67 degrees.
[signature]
great report mike. hows the water level up there???
[signature]
Its droping fairly fast. I hav'nt been up there for over a month and it surprised me how much beach there is now. Its still about 65% full and the port ramp will stay launchable for quite awhile.
[signature]
way to go! looks like you had on a deep diver am I right? down about 15 feet or so? you sure seem to be able to find them after not being there for a bit. tells me I need to think of getting you to be one of my guides sometime. or at least helping out with the kind of lures to make. lol
[signature]
Sounds kinda busy up there to me , but should be less boats from now on . Congrats on the muskie . You got a get a red light for your boat for all the tow jobs you handle out there . I hooked up on a 20+" cat sunday , but I stayed close to home this weekend .
[signature]
That lure dives about 12'. I was pulling a deeper diving lure that went 15'-17' when I first got there and I caught a fairly nice bass. I have had a few people want me to take them out and if the timing is right I will take them, all I ask of them is to bring their own food & drinks and I do not gaurantee them they will catch a muskie the first time out but I do gaurantee them they will catch one if they keep fishing the same way. I like watching people catch their first muskie that alone is worth taking them out.

HA69, I have towed my fair share of boats. The dam was crowed but we have been out when it was worse, when the limit was 350 boats.
[signature]
mike caught me my first. mike is a stud.
[signature]
Mike you are a good man. BTW -- in addition to bringing your own food and drinks be sure to give Mike some $'s for gas. Those boats and tow vehicles run on gas, not on thanks.
[signature]