Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powers lake report
A report from ctbob on mondays trip.:Almost as much action as on Saturday. Went to Powers in Old Lyme, on the water at 6:20 and caught an 11" yellow perch at 7:00. 7:45 caught a 18" pick, followed by a 20" pick 10 minutes later. Caught a 16" LM on white spinner at 9:30. Caught a 22" Pickerel at 11:00. Lost one as big or bigger at the side of the boat. Talking to a kayaker at about 12:30 as I caught it, got it to the side of the boat, puttin on the show, dragging it around because I saw it was a pick. Pulled it to the side of the boat, grabbed my pliers and had it out of the water, playing LARGE now. SOB kicks takes my hook and my PLIERS. Broke the line and snaps the pliers right out of my hands. The guy says to me, Was that an 8 LB fish? Ended up with 16", 14", 10" LM, 1 perch and 7 pickerel, no pickerel smaller than 18." Wind and the BLESSED KAYAKERS drove me off. Fishing 30/40' from shore and those SOB have to go between me and the shore as I'm casting to the shore. Good afternoon, HOW YOU DOING? Aren't they beautiful? Picks love green senkos, LM bass too. Bob
[signature]