Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gorge
anyone fished the Gorge lately? I haven't been up there for a month or so. Have had some good success this year jigging. <br><br>When will Willard start picking up with wipers? I took my 6 year old boy out there the end of June and had fantasy fishing going from boil to boil until dark. I've been back a couple times and haven't caught but a couple. No real boils.<br><br>
Skeeter has fished the gorge the last three weeks in a row. He should have some info for you if he will just log on. Check back, hes a gorge fanatic this year.<br>The wipers picked up an ever so slight bit last week but havent heard anything from this week. There should be a few reports roll in from tommorow through the weekend. But I expect it will be trolling reports rather than boils.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Predator is right I am officialy a Gorge fanatic. What do you need to Know maybe I can help. We have been primarlly after the Kokes but we have fished the Macks and Small mouth as well.<br><br>
We have been fishing up by the Buckboard area, trolling with down riggers in 60 to 45 ft of water. If you use stackers on your down riggers you can cover multiple depths. In Wyoming you can use two poles, just for your information. We have been doing the best using Kokanee King lures and needle fish. I have seen people dragging farm equipment (Doggers). We tried the farm implements and it did not seem to make a differance in the amount of fish we caught. But all in all the Koke fishing is really kinda slow but when you do get one they are really nice fish. Try and be on the water early the fish really turn off around 11:00 am. Good luck and I hope I helped.<br><br>