Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fin muck
I went tubing on the 6th and the little lake used to be a dried sediment bed do any of you guys have a problem with mud and what not get on your fins and having to scrub it off we have a spray nossle on the hose that cant even blast this stuff off does anyone have way of keeping it off besides not going to lakes with alot of sediment in it

thank you
[signature]
There is no sure fire way to keep the mud off of the fins with the conditions that you described. One way or another you will have to deal with mud either on your fins, waders or on your wader boots.

They haven't invented any sure fire method of sprays or anything either. Don't be descouraged though. There may be some suggestions by other tubers coming along shortly.
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]I always look for grass or gravel to launch and beach my craft. But, as we all know, that ain't always possible. Especially during a drought period, when the normal shoreline is a long way up from where you gotta get in the water.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you have to launch in mud, at least look for a steeply sloping bank, so you can sit down and not have to walk in it any more than necessary. Sticky mud can suck off your fins and your booties. It can also cause you to lose your balance and fall over. Not good.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]After the fact, when you come in through the nasty stuff, you will have some clinging to your fins. The best place to deal with that is at the water's edge, after you have taken off your fins and before the stuff has a chance to dry to concrete.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I know all about mud. I used to fish some of the brackish water inland canals in Louisiana, below New Orleans. The mud along those canals is some of the nastiest in the world. It is like super glue and it stinks. Bad combination. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I started taking a long handled scrubbing brush with me whenever I went there. Then, as soon as I got out, I applied the brush vigorously to everything coated with the mud. That got most of it off, and a followup soaking and brushing later would finish the job. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sometimes my car would take on some mud spatters too, when I had to 4-wheel my way through mud puddles. I always stopped on the way home at a do it yourself carwash and hosed down both my car and my gear with good soapy power wash. Seemed to do the job and allowed me to bring my stuff inside without too much damage.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][font "ZapfHumnst BT"][#005028][size 3]Hi there trouthungry, Been there done that. Finally decided to carry some large plastic sheets that I place on my back seat to prevent all that crap stuck to my tube from finding a new home. Also placed some plastic on the drivers floorboard. Once I get home I can hose off my stuff and water the lawn at the same time.[/size][/#005028][/font]
[signature]