Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another night trip planned for 9/10/04
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] I'm headed out to Government Wash again this Friday. This time I'll do it a little different. I'm taking my float tube and my 2 man inflatable raft. I'll be out there around 3:00 PM giving me enough daylight too get me and my stuff in tow over to the island just out from shore. Once I'm on the the island I won't be able to return to shore until morning (no lights). If any one is interested in joining me, I have paddles for the raft.
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] David
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Well in light of the recent lightning events, tomorrow maybe postponed. May have to scrap the island idea and just go with shoreline fishing, I'll play it by ear till then.
[signature]
Take a casting net and a bucket along, and try to catch some live shad for bait. That's the ticket! I've seen a lot of shad netted from the shore.
BaySport
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] BaySport, I haven't tried using a net from shore. Back in the old days, we used rod and reel with two bare treble hooks tied on. Yeah, most didn't live very long but they worked.
[signature]