Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomegun's Guide Service Strikes again(Lake X 9-9-04)
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Water temps from 58 to almost 65. Perfect fishing day with just the right amount of sun, clouds, and w...

HuntN will fill in more details after he eats his tacos. How do you like my photo essay?
[signature]
Pretty sweet pics there tommy! Looks like another good day at the office.[Tongue]
[signature]
Nice , very Nice !!
[signature]
Another nice day out on the water. Looks like some good fishing as well.
[signature]
We caught over 20 smallies. At least 3 tournment limits. By and far, the largest fish day I ever seen in terms of fish size. Lots of 2 1/2 pounders, plus a hand full of 3 lbers and better(anchor by a 3.8).
[signature]
Nice haul! Doggonefishin and I fished Rock Cliff area today. Slow day for us but the 19 in. 4lb+ that I caught and the 17 incher that Doggonefishin caught made the trip worth it. Total fish = 5.

kastmaster
that pic with the fall colors and the fish turned out sweet. how much for the guide service? hehe
[signature]
How'd you get the water to hold still while you snapped that #5 photo? I've never fished Jordanelle, but you sure do put forth a good case, telling me that I should!
[signature]
[#502800]I don't know what happen to HuntN(wheres his comments). He had the best day size wise in his entire life. He got a 17 1/4" that was 3.8lbs . All we threw were tubes. I got 2 16 1/2" but I only caught 6 fish.[/#502800]
[signature]
I loan you my boat for a couple months, out of the goodness of my heart, and look what happens.

You know, smallmouth bass have to be the single most difficult fish to photograph. They never show thier true size for the record.
You catch a HUGE fish, seven pounds or so, take a bunch of photos, and the dang thing comes out looking like a little bugger.
You take a pic of a real nice smallmouth, and all of a sudden you have something that looks huge.

Case in point, last weeks five pounder you caught looks much smaller than gregs 3 1/2 pounder. Gregs 3 1/2 lber looks very nice.

You just cant trust smallmouth photos.

Anyways, nice fish my friend, very nice.

Good report, but you must realize that if you had borrowed my lucky hat, you would have got a 5+ lber.

I see you camped out all day.
[signature]
Nice fish boys, looks like a real productive day. I need to make it up to lake x this weekend, and catch me some nice smallies.
[signature]
Hey Predator, good point on photographing smallies.

I think the same holds for any fish. The relative size of the fish depends on how close the fish is to the camera, and how far away from his body the angler is holding the fish. Sometimes it's hard to tell if a guy is "stretching" the truth by holding the fish 8 miles away from his body, and 2 inches away from the camera lens. I've been guilty of this myself before.

Anybody know if there are any "rules" for correctly photographing a fish so truth isn't stretched? It seems to me you'd pretty much have to have the fish right up next to you for the photo not to be deceptive at all.

Ahhh, now that I think about it, where's the fun in that. Go ahead and hold the fish as far away as possible! [Smile]

Senkonate
[signature]
[#804000]Its all in the skill in the photographer. All I do is give love, and you girls just can't operate a camera worth spit. [/#804000]
[signature]