Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so who went Dove hunting yesterday ?
So who went dove hunting fryday the 10th?

the season is officialy open. O'l jenny got smart, by passing the athority back to the dnr to govern its game she dodged the anti hunting bullet...

she must have grown a smart rinkle on that one... I see she is wearing a couple of them now.

any way she made the right disision for the wrong reasons. the power to govern the states natural resorces I have always beleived that it belonged in the hands of those with the most experience. (aka DNR)

god sure dose work in misterious ways.... first time I have seen even a parcile law recended by an oposing or even the same political party.

no soap boxes here today, just wondered who went out and if any one was having a dove omlet this morning.
[signature]
Poor litte doves.I have about 20 of them in my yard every morning eating the corn I have out for the deer. They must be morning doves cuz they are always here in the morning hahahahah
When I was a kid my grand dad took us too Tenn.and we went bob white hunting .You sure need alot of them too make a dinner and 2 lbs of potatoes and about a dozen corn on the cobs ....hahahahahah I rather just watch them in the yard my self.... But I have good memorys of the days with my grand dad
[signature]
A buddy of mine , Wess , took his kid out for the goose hunt in Standish , smart geese never showed up at all even thou thay have been in that feild every day up untill that morning .
The day wasen't a total loss , the kid bagged a couple pop cans off the old log fence posts under his daddys supervision .
Well , how many ussies or A-K 47's ya' think well see out there on the opener of deer season ?
some guys would rather burger up their deer than take the time to feild dress and process them , lol !!!!
[signature]
I picked a dove up thursday, but it was out of season so I had to release it. not to mention I was in a no hunting zone. I did not want to see him getting run over by a car and the bird was in a bit of a daze so I picked up and placed it on the ground near a bush up on the lawn. (Catch and Release [laugh] )

fortunatly you dont need much for an omlet in the morning, that is usualy where my kfc chicken wings end up....LOL to much work for to little to munch on, but it dose have a lot of flavor, so in the omlet it goes...[Tongue] I dont know if I will ever go hunting for morning doves, I do know I wont be hunting for them in michigan.

as for deer I do love a good roast and stake but as with all things time wears us down, many guys and gals cant handle the bloody site. so in many cases it becomes a matter of nessity rather than a matter of want. in others, they cut up one deer and grind the next. Pretty taisty in goolelash[Tongue] stuffed peppers or even a nice venisen melt with grilled puff ball and a slice of pinconing cheese with a big o'l slice of sweet onion freshly perched from standish[Tongue][Tongue][Tongue]....

for me it has to be a yearling or two or it is off to the grinder... my Smile aint so pretty any more....
[signature]
THANKS DAVE...Now I have too go eat some thing
[signature]
well from the time you posted this, I had to go out in the garden and dig up me some taters onions and beens to throw in to the crock pot with a chunk of ham...

it should be ready by noon tomarow....[Tongue]
[signature]
hmmmm , PB & J with a tall frosty glass of moo moo juice !
i'm still eating off last years deer !!!!!!!!
[signature]
So you guys that hunt doves, how do they taste? Never had one. Wife would probably killl me if she saw me shoot one off her bird feeder. Guess I could tell her we should eat a few to help pay for the many many pounds of feed we put out for them. To be honest I like watching doves but I have shot some also. The ones that get in the feeder and dig to the bottom and throw feed all over they good to dove heaven if I can catch them in time. Most eat off the ground. Really just wondering how they taste. Skeeter www.larsensales.com
[signature]
Well skeeter I have never tried them and don't think I ever will .
One of the oldtimers I work with has had them before . He's hunted them in Ohio and Indianna and swears there tastey as woodcock . The drawbacks are that you have to get a whole bunch of them for a meal for a single person and you can easily burn up a couple boxes of shells doing it .
Pheasent hunting is something I look forward too each year but the numbers of birds around here is quite low so I refrain taking any . Goose and duck hunting is pretty darn fun too but , with the moter in the shop that's on hold as well . This year it's grouse, turkey and woodcock for me .
You should see my wifes expressions when I bring home some of the non game critters for a recipe test . Turtle soup, roasted beaver, groundhog, all are quite delicious if prepaired properly . If I ever bring home a opossom thou , I'm sure my hunting days will be over .
[signature]
cook them like chicken cordonblue.

you will be hooked for life. you may even want to serve it as desert. its that good....
[signature]