Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 9/10
Went to the Berry early yesterday morning with Theo Hymus. Launched at Renegade. The sun was shining and the weather was cool--in fact we wore a coat all morning. There was a constant breeze all while we were there. It was a gorgeous day, and the fishing was fantastic. Most of the fish were near the top of the water. We couldn't get them to register on the fish finder because they were so near the top. We caught fish constantly. We caught fish on tube jigs, Krokodiles, Carter spoons, and Crystalina spoons. We caught a few (very few)with leaded line. However, when we discovered that most of the fish were near the top of the water we fished mostly with mono line. We caught most of our fish with mono line tied directly to a spoon, with a swivel about a foot above the spoon with no sinker!
Great fishing experience. We left about l:30 pm.

Lloyd
[signature]
[Wink] Hi Lloyd, how the heck are ya anyway? Wish I could have had your kind of success last night. I got skunked fishing Jordanelle. Guess I should have tried a jig tube. Hmmm. didn't even think of that. I will next time though.
[signature]