Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Report 9-11
On Friday we fished the Red Cliffs, Hideout Canyon and Antelope Flats areas. Kept three rainbows and a koke for dinner. On Saturday we fished Antelope Flats again and landed 6 rainbows and three smallmouths. The rainbows were all in the 12"-14" range. Did take a few on planer boards with both kastmaster and Mepps spinners. Most were caught using worms on a wedding ring being trolled at 1.5 mph at a depth of 30-40 feet. The bass were taken along the rocky shore using rattletraps and divers. The weather was perfect and the usual afternoon winds did not really amount to much. Looking forward to the next trip up there.[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks for the report, were the kokes you caught silver or had they started to change color? Was it cold at night? Thanks for the info. WH2
[signature]
thanks for the info,i plan on being on the gorge this weekend,looking for mr mack.i dont know if i will get into the utah part or not,just have to see how things play out.
[signature]
The only Koke we caught was still silver in color but mostly because it was not mature and only about 14" in length. Good luck...
[signature]