Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake X hog
There is nothing like a deflated Ego to ruin an otherwise perfect trip. On 9/9 my wife, daughter and I hit lake X for a few hours after work. We were having a great day picking up several fish in the one to two pound range. Just as it got dark, I tied into a beauty that pushed the scales at just over four pounds. Now you would think my wife would let me enjoy that moment for a little while, but No. She let me bask in my glory for all of about five minutes before tying into this Brute! A six + pound bronze. What a pig, it was almost 21 inches long and very thick. This would have been the biggest bass I had ever caught, had I actually been the one to catch it. The picture of her fish doesn't do it justice. I should be shot for my picture taking inabilities in the dark, but at least I got 3/4 of the fish in the picture instead of just a fin.
[signature]
Nice! Whereabouts did you pick those fattys up at?
[signature]
Good job on the hawg! She must have had a blast reeling that fish in. Did you go for any other species? and what were you guys using for the smallies?

kastmaster

[CBR] Maybe Prov17 has a "Secret Spot" on Lake X! Wink
[reply]
[.CBR] Maybe Prov17 has a "Secret Spot" on Lake X! Wink[/reply]

Heh, true true. But if thats not the case, due share! Smile
[signature]
Those are some really nice smallies, or should I say largies! Thanks for the report, and for sharing the pics.[Smile]
[signature]
Well I'll tell you what we weren't using, it wasn't Predators secret maniac senko lol. Sory Mike you're just getting to much exposure. We were fishing tube jigs until it got dark then we switched over to top water. What an absolute blast watching those pigs explode on the surface. As far as location, I think everyone has their own "secret spot" but there are quality bass all over the lake. We were mostly fishing rocky points next to deeper water, anywhere from the surface down to 30 feet.
[signature]
RE: "everyone has their own secret spot"
I used to but it is now high and dry.[Sad]

Seriously, congratulations on a couple of nice fish.
[signature]
"[size 1]The picture of her fish doesn't do it justice. I should be shot for my picture taking inabilities in the dark[/size][size 2]"[/size]

Oh, I think justice was done. Thats one of the biggest smallmouth I have seen this year based on the size of its head.

As far as the fish missing half the tail, its real hard to get the entire fish in when its dark out. Most of the time I am not sure if the person is even in the photo.

Thats a real nice fish. Nice coloring too.

Thats a good location that you were fishing.

Looks like a fun trip.
[signature]
WOW! Well done on those fish. Lake X is really turning out to be a prime bass fishery. I can see the powerbait sales dropping as we speak!

PREDATOR- It just dawned on me that it was you that helped me at Sportsmans yesterday. Thanks for the expertise, and nice to meet you.
[signature]
Wow. Nice fish. I hope you're wife and kids were impressed with you being able to put them on fish like that.

It seems like whenever I take my family fishing, even if it's just Vivian Park, I get unlucky in a hurry! Maybe when the kids are a little older.....

Senkonate
[signature]
Nice fish !! Thanks for sharing .
[signature]