Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quincy
Just got back from four hours of flogging the water there. Don't waste your time, unless you bring your tube!

The water is about as high as I can remember it being in the last five years? There is so much undergrowth and brush it is hard to just find a place to fish. I saw one bass the whole time and caught zero. No tigers, nothing was happening in the shallows. There was a guy out in a tube smoking small trout on a bugger. He must of caught at least a dozen that i saw.

I used the usual stuff! Topwaters, spinnerbaits and Senko's and nothing got so much as a follow.
[signature]
Where i grew up in Eastern Kansas there were thousands of small lakes and streams with bass and catfish available. I never knew how god i had it!

I have had the best luck here in Colorado at Quincy and Aurora when i wanted a quick bass fix. Those Aurora smallies are getting much more numerous and larger every year.

As soon as we get a our first hard cold spell i want to fish the river above Chatfield and see if we can find a few Browns that have come up out of the lake.
[signature]