Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Sunday at Lake Mead
Sunday- 09/12, Hit the water early and was throwing the casting net in the coves around Las Vegas Wash at 5:30 a.m. In about an hour we had enough live shad to fish with. We started our drift in between the red and green bouys near Hole 33. The bite was very steady, we ended up taking home 22 fish. I landed a nice 4 pounder near the end of our second drift. Some of the longer stripers were still lean so we released them. The smaller fish seemed to be in better shape. It seem like everyone with a pole in the water (and there were about 15-20 boats in the area) was getting some kind of action. I watched a guy who was trolling hook up several times. We drifted by two boats that were anchored close together, they were nailing the stripers. I think they were fishing with cut anchoives that they sprayed with shad oil. A couple of guys in float tubes were hooking up fish. A guide in a yellow and white Ranger (nice boat) was chumming like crazy while at anchor. It was a perfect day to be out on the water. I can't wait until this Sunday when I can do it again.
BaySport
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] BaySport, thanks again for the report but you really need to quit that. You're going to have all them Striper caught up here shortly. LOL.
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] David
[signature]