Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Late Ed Marsh
I was just on the website for the 11-mile General store and saw that Ed Marsh passed away on Agust 15th. Anyone who has fished at Pueblo or South Park has probably run into Ed at one time or another. He was a writer for the Hunting and Fishing news, a great fisherman and one hell of nice guy!!!!!!!!

Among his many accomplishments was the introduction of strike indicators for nymph fishing. He was regular on the South Platte up at Deckers since the 60s. He was also one of the best Pike fisherman around. He used to camp every spring for weeks at a time at 11-mile and fish for Pike. He would also give free seminars and help anyone who asked for his wisdom. Or you might of run into him on the river below Pueblo? He lived to fish and probably forgot more about the sport than I will ever know! I used to read the Hunting Fishing News just for his articles!

He was a very humble and nice man and I am very Sad to hear of his passing!
[signature]
Thanks for the message, Neal. I didn't realize that Ed had passed away.
[signature]
Fishing Gods never die, he'll always be right there.
[signature]
I think the guy in Greeley you are thinking of is Gene Alkire? He is still alive and the owner of Alkire sports. Gene also writes for Hunting and fishing news.

I remember one time Ed interviewed me and several other anglers at Spinney who were getting skunked. Then he showed us a 9 1/2 lb Bow he had caught that morning at 11-mile. The guy could catch fish in his bathtub! LOL.
[signature]