Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pueblo Area
I will be in the Pueblo area the week after next for one of my son's motorcross races and was thinking about working into some fishing Saturday. Any place close to Pueblo that might be good?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Pueblo Reservoir! Oats has that place wired!
[signature]
Hey fill us in Oats. I live in the springs and would love to know more about Pueblo. I managed to catch a couple nice cats out of there this summer, but overall I've had pretty poor luck at Pueblo.
I know that the wiper should be chasing schools of shad any day now. My only problem is no boat. I have a tube, and I may try that one morning but it's pretty slow and very limited on distance (unless you're into self torture).
I fished lake Texoma for Striper a few weeks ago, and I'm wondering if anyone fishes for Wiper using the same method. For numbers, bait fishing can't be beat at Texoma. Those guys go out around 3am and throw cast nets to catch shad. Then they go fishin. They use a single hook 18" below a weight and try to match thier depth with the depth of the fish on the graph. Of coarse it doesn't hurt to have 6 other boats out calling you when they find fish! Any way just wondering if anyone has tried bait fishing for the Wiper in Pueblo.
[signature]
Fishing has been good at Pueblo although having a boat helps. Haven't been out for awhile, the last time I went no wipers but I did see walleye, bass and trout chasing shad and caught a few of each which was a neat experience. I've heard its legal to net shad and there's plenty of them just shine the light on the water at night and hundreds of them will jump out of the water, but live bait isn't necessary. If you get the chance treat yourself to the west end, you can do well with most different methods. You'll really be surprised at how many baby shad there are.
[signature]