Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a pontoon boat
Okay all I have a questions for ya. I am looking for a pontoon boat that I can hunt waterfowl from as well as fish from. I had seen a potoon for sale in a local clasified however I did not write the model info down. I am looking for something that my dog and I can use. Not sure if I can convert a normal 6-8' toon to the task. Any suggestions or should I just look for a duck boat?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There are some two seater pontoons that could be rigged to carry a WELL BEHAVED dog. However, I think I would think more about a kayak or canoe. There are some great and well designed pontoons, but I personally would hesitate to include man's best friend as a passenger on a single seater. Here is a pic of a two seater:[/#0000ff] [center][Image: pac1200big.jpg][/center] [center] [/center] [center][Image: outcastpowerbig.jpg][/center] [center][#0000ff]And a new idea called an Outcast Power Drifter. It tickets out around $800 through[/#0000ff][/center] [center][#0000ff][url "http://store.riverwire.com/cgi-bin/wfp79588.storefront/"]http://store.riverwire.com/cgi-bin/wfp79588.storefront/[/url] [/#0000ff][/center]
[signature]
[cool][font "Californian FB"][#005028][size 4]Hey there TubeDude - how are you enjoying your new surroundings? Better in Utah than Florida.[/size][/#005028][/font]
[font "Californian FB"][#005028][size 4]Haven't heard of the new Outcast entry. Sure is neat looking but rather pricey! When are you expecting delivery?? Looks like it would be a little top heavy.[/size][/#005028][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Doin' fine in trout country, thankee kindly.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I hadn't seen one of those new Outcasts until I went in on Riverwire for the first time in awhile. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It may look top heavy (especially if I was in the seat) but the overall design looks pretty stable. Outcast usually engineers pretty well.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My sights are on a Fish Cat Cougar, from Outcast. That's the four chamber pontoon. I know a couple of folks who have them and have heard nothing but good things.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
You might check sportsmans warehouse. It looked like they had some pretty good deals in there the last time I looked. Also if you get a big one with a good hard deck on the back you could probably put your dog on there if he will stay still.
jed
[signature]