Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favored caliber for deer hunting?
[font "Baskerville Old Face"][#ff4040][size 3]I use 7mm rem mag. Remington 700 bdl. 150 gr. ballistic silvertips for deer and 160 gr. noslers for elk.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I have several rifles. I would have to say that my favorite for deer is my .280 Remington.
[signature]
.270 or .30-06 are the best two guns for deer hunting. I have one of each they both have their advantages. The .270 goes faster, but the .30-06 goes farther and bigger round. They are both good guns. .308 is not bad and a .243.
[signature]
so true, but ya know, the remington 6mm Mag is just a pleasureable flat long range pick-um-off gun. knock down power it is a little light, but when you are 1/2 - 3/4 mile away shooting at a slow moving or still critter, I think I would take percision over hammer.

I would say if you know your gun well enough, and you have honed your skills to the point you are profitient then that is all you need,

personaly for a long range gun I dont think you can get better than a remington 6mm mag with a 7x12 redfeild wide angle. unless you go military, "sniper" (sory, cant remember or wont tell make, modle, caliber)

Big fan of redfield as well,[angelic]
[signature]
I totally agree with you if you have a gun and you are really good, most of the time it does not matter what type of gun you have or caliber.
[signature]
I use a Remington Model 700 synthetic 30'06 with 165 gr. Fusion boattails. The best bullet i have found yet.
My muzzleloader is a Winchester Apex .50 cal with a Tru-Glo red-dot scope. As a matter of fact, i am leaving right now for the evening hunt with it.[cool]
[signature]
For white tails i prefer either a 25-06 or a .308. The 25-06 i shot of my buddies had little recoil and it was one of the most accurate guns ive ever shot, not to metion the blistering 3200 FPS muzzle velocity.
[signature]
In close work gets a Remington model 8 in 35Rem w/200gr soft points or Hornadays 200gr LeverRevolution flex-tips ... Iron sights

Anything with open shooting gets an A-bolt with 7mm Rem Mag in either 160/175gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claws... elite 3200.
[signature]
I was out window shopping for a 44 mag the other day, and the shop owner showed me a little ruger 454 super red hawk.

sure felt nice in the hand. it had a rubber handle non slip. scope mount aready on it.

I will deffenantly concider that gun should a couple bucks find its way in to my pocket.

nice little hot round, bigger than a 410 but not as big as a 16 gage.
[signature]
6mm Rem Mag.

100 grain sierra Boat tail, IMR 4350 powder.

I have this rifle dialed in and it is deadly! It doubles as My P.dog gun in Wyoming when I have to buck the wind and my 22.250 wont handle it.
[signature]
My deer gun is Ruger bisley 44 mag if the shots are 100 and under.
If I am stalking the open country Ill switch up to my kimber in 308 with winchester light magnums..
If I go muzzle hunting I like my hawken 50 cal with a green mountain barrel.
[signature]