Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switch hook
[cool][font "Californian FB"][#005028][size 4]Have any of you guys tried the Switch Hook lure? Don't know how long that it has been around but it seems like a good idea.
[/size][/#005028][/font][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6330;]

[#800040]Switch Hook Weedless Lure:[/#800040]
The [#800040]Switch Hook Weedless Lure[/#800040] is a totally weedless fishing lure. It gets its name from its "switch-blade" type of action. The [#800040]Switch Hook Weedless Lure[/#800040] can be cast into areas where other lures would become hung on brush and other structures both above and below the water surface. Under these structures is where the "big fish" hide. Another unique feature is that the hook automatically sets when the trigger spring is released, which happens as soon as the fish bites.
[signature]
Very good idea but I don't see it as completely planned out yet. What's the swimming action of the lure? How does it stay upright? Is there a tail that goes with it? How in the world do you unhook the fish that's been hooked in both the to and bottom lip? What if you gut-hook the fish?
[signature]
[unsure][#005028][size 3]Hi there DDR - sorry I don't have answers for you. I went to manufacturer's web site but then didn't address any of your questions. [/size][/#005028]
[signature]
[crazy][Tongue]I wonder if the lure can distiguish between a bite and a snag!
[signature]
[cool][font "Californian FB"][#005028][size 3]I would think so for a snag would probably originate at the front of the lure and not exsert any pressure which would trigger the hooks. Make sense to me.[/size][/#005028][/font]
[signature]
Hi there Dryrod,

One of the first plug-like lures made was about 5 1/2 long and had 4 hooks coming out at one time when the fish bit! sheeeh!

Along the same line, one lure had a little tool kit with it so you could dis-assemble the hardware on the plug for the winter season! ha ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool][font "Californian FB"][#005028][size 3]Hi there JR- yea some of those old lures had so many treble hooks attached it was like walking in a mine field.[/size][/#005028][/font]
[font "Californian FB"][#005028][size 3]Here a hook there a hook everywhere a hook hook.[/size][/#005028][/font]
[signature]
Man, i've never seen anything like that before Dryrod. I wonder if the placement of the hooks would make it difficult to get a good hook-up. Considering the hooks come out of the top and bottom alone, I think you could pretty much forget about a corner of the jaw hook up. And besides, the pressure from the fishes jaw is what releases the hooks, who says that same pressure won't keep the hooks from deploying from the bait. Unless fish like to "gargle" with the bait before they eat it, I don't see that lure working too well. And alot fish swallow the bait whole. So, when they feel the presure from the line, they'll get pissed and spit it back out. And never even deploy the hooks. What do you guys think?
[signature]
[font "Californian FB"][#005028][size 3][cool]Hey there Tarpon4me - you make some valid points. One thing that I don't know [among many] is how sensative is the release mechanism? It can't be too sensative other wise the hooks would release when it hit the water. Lets see what JapanRon has to offer.[/size][/#005028][/font]
[signature]
I think it is a great idea, but I also would like to know the swimming action and all the other important successful bait characteristics this bait either has or does not have. I would probably buy it anyway just to see if it works[Wink]. I admit I have an addiction[crazy]
[signature]