Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Update
Alberni Inlet has really taken off in the last few days!! Big numbers of chrome springs have rolled in, and the morning's action is awesome! Metalhead and I hooked 7 yesterday, landing 4 (14,24,27,29Lbs), losing one REAL monster in the process. My buddy next to us landed only one, but had an honest 40plus shake right at the boat. Didn't make it out this am (too much celebrating last night - OUCH!) The two boats that bothered to rub me about sleeping in both had 5 to the boat this am, up to 35. <br>Most of the action has been out in front of Coulson's Mill, the Scout Camp, Lone tree area, but a few of the folks are doing OK at Holm island (basically in the harbour - as in run <100yds, drop the gear and FISH ON!)<br>As usual, most are hitting between 25 and 45 feet on red or white hootchies (funny, can't think of anywhere else they use red to target springs).<br>Major excitement first thing in the day! Remember, for best results, GET THERE EARLY (before the sun shines!)<br>We'll get tomorrow in, then off to the banks for an experimental plug fishery targetting springs again.<br>It's getting better each day! Get out there if you can! Hope to see some of you enjoying on the local pond......<br>Tight Lines.....<br><br><br><br>