Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a quote
Hey guys and girls, I need a quote on a rod. Heres the deal, I shipped a rod to a customer via UPS. The rod was packed in bouble wrap and placed in a schedule 40 PVC tube. Somehow UPS managed to not only break the PVC but the rod as well. Well, being a smart shipper, I had my packaged insured for $250.00 just in case. Now UPS is giving me all sorts of problems on collecting and are wanting prices of comperable rods. Well, since it was a custom built rod the only place to get comparable pricing is from custom builders. Heres what I need.<br><br>Quote on a G. Loomis C724 GL2 with 7 Fuji SIC guides, Fuji hook keeper, Fuji graphite trigger reel seat, 8" cork rear grip, 3" cork foregrip. All guides were underwrapped with white and a blue metallic band under the guide ring. The butt wrap was 4 split diamonds in Red and White with Blue bands. The rod was inscribed (hand lettered) in gold with the customers name.<br><br>If anyone can hep out with a quote, please email it to me at lparsons16@home.com<br><br>Thanks,<br><br><br>Lee<br>Lee's Custom Rods<br>"Quality is the product of crasftsmanship"
Yeah, I think its a bunch of smelly stuff. Its my product, I insure it to cover what my customer pays for it just in case it has to be replaced and they want prices from other people.<br><br>Lee<br>Lee's Custom Rods<br>"Quality is the product of crasftsmanship"
The components alone are over $130 retail.With a split diamond let's say 5 inchs. $25 per inch.I'd say more like $300<br><br>
Hello Lee id say you are a little low on your prices.i just built a simmler rod for $350.00 i shiped it fed X i would not ship ennui thing trough UPS.if you welded it in a cast iron pipe they would find some way to break it.i just found this board so i hope i don't do somthing wrong.regards John<br><br>