Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
photo of strawberry smallmouth
Oooh Hey I like stripers!!![cool]

Carp't
Skippythelurker.
[signature]
i guess this is pointed at me since im the only one yelling hear about people supporting the illegal transplants. first thing i want to say is i wasnt implying pro bass fisherman as professionals but rather fisherman you like fishing for bass. i didnt or had no intention on singling anyone out. i have been on this sight for a long time and i have seen the bucket biologists theme go back and forth since the beginning. i have also noticed that alwasy there is someone chiming in from a perspective of well that really stinks but heck better for me cuz i like to fish for that species attitude. i look at posts as if i was a person reading this post and forum for the first time how would i take it. i think this gives some very supportive connotations to the lurkers out there that end up joining everyday. perhaps some dont realize the exposure this sight gets. well i look at the future and the consequences of some of these posts. im tired of hearing of new places be changed for the benefit of one person. i hear of a new one about every week now. so im going to voice my very ticked off attitude at the whole thing. if people dont like me saying i dont like that stuff or saying that perhaps these joking posts about the illegally transplanting is out of line well then sorry but lets look at a bigger picture then our little group of regulars here and think of our actions. thats the price of making this forum big.
[signature]
i just want to say that sometimes its time to fight for things you dont like also. i dont smoke or do alot of things but as a american i would fight for those rights of those people who do them. just because a fish you like is planted in a lake where they dont belong doesnt mean its good sportsmanship to support it. just my opinion.
[signature]
Thats why your the boss Tubedude..........
PS I still like stripers...[cool]

Carp't
Skippythelurker....

In there own home!
[signature]
Sorry Boss: But..

Truth is, I dont target Smallies very often. To me their simply fun to mess with when Macks, Stripers, Channel Cat, Eyes, Crappie, Bow's, Brown's, etc... etc... etc... dont want to play... Pound for Pound their great little fighters tho' and funny to catch!

PHB: I certainly dont have all the fact and figures, yet again, neither do the smallies in the Berry. However, when did I mention the words latitude or longitude? The word I used was "altitude" so as you put it, get your facts straight.
Whats more, your beating your head against a brick wall trying to convince me of anything. I have my opinions and as many will testify I wont be swayed from my opinions until living, or in this case, dead proof is provided by the complete and total nilation of a living species in the berry takes place naturally. Even then I may stick to my guns..
And btw, as far as the cold weather areas such as MN face each winter, I believe the artic jet streams play a much greater factor than "altitude" or as you put it, "ElEVATION"....
I will add that (I believe) latitude certainly plays in MN frozen water conditions due to the artic jet stream far more than here in Utah.

There is little doubt that shallow water makes a huge difference in how fast a lake freezes and thaws no matter what the altitude or latitude. The Berry however is not what I consider a deep water lake.

Pred: That statement should go in the books as one Huge HOOT! Too Too Funny!

Skippy: I like Stripers too!!
I was down to Powell kickin' some Striper tail and messing with the smallies last weekend. HeeeeHaw!! Fun stuff!
[signature]
Just so you know X I know you mean well & I agree with all your points. But you may just want to look how your first thread of the posts looks. It basically just lumps one type of fishermen together and accuses them of supporting illegal planting. Your latter posts make sense and are worded alot better. But even going back and reading your first post on this thread it still looks like you are saying that all that like to bass fish are all supporting illegal stocking when I dont think thats the case. Thats all I was stating. I wont post anymore on this thread I just wanted to make my case clear. Also I do fish for bass but in fall I switch to target aggressive cuttthroats at the berry & I for one would never want the trout fishing there to suffer. Just to be on record. Good fishing to all & I'm glad we are given our chance to post our opinions.
[signature]
Coldfooter,
It snows in Hawaii. Mauna Loa even has skiing. It snows on Mt. Killimanjaro in Africa. And it is very near the equator. You can be thousands of miles from air temperatures above freezing. (In winter) But you can NEVER be more than 10 miles from SUB ZERO air temperatures. At 50,000 feet ALTITUDE it is always below zero. Altitude will and DOES play a much greater role in temperature than lattitude ever will.

Now do you want to consider the disolved oxygen in the water that will be about 1/3 less at Strawberry than a body of water at or near sea level? That will have an impact on the survivabilty of the fish in Strawberry too.

Fishrmn