Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laser sighting systems
After reading flagmans post about having a properly sighted scope, i have a question, have any of you used the laser bore sighting systems, where you buy a caliber shell for your gun that has a laser light in it, you aim it at at target xyards away then set your scopes site to it. it is supposed to be accurate and i really cant see why it couldnt be but i was just wondering if any of you have used it and what is your opinions of it
[signature]
from the reports I have read on them, not only are they accurate but are illegal in many states.

michigan being one except on one and only one exception. you must be leagaly blind and hunting with a sited licensed hunter.

if you know your guns bullistics a blind man can acuratly shoot a deer between 25 and 250 yards with a sited hunter with a range finder.

I have one particular gun that shoots flat to 75 yards one inch high at one hundred yards dead on at 150 yards and a inch low at 200 yards.

with this knolage a sited man can tell a blind hunter in wich direction to move the lazer point and how high or low to aim if he is standing looking at the target with a range finder and spotting scope.

yes there are leagaly blind deer hunters in michigan who succesfuly take deer year after year.

I wanted to mount a lazer on my bow but that is illegal as well in the state of michigan...

I guess they are afraid of snipers more thay are woried about wounded deer in the woods. and in todays day and time I cant realy argue the point any longer....

so check with your state regulations before attempting to mount one of these devises and putting them to use....
[signature]
I can see your point there dave, but i was thinking somethig a little different.

[Image: 7mm%20REM%20Laser%20Small.jpg]

These are what i was talking about, you just chamber them and aim your gun like normal, at a 50yd target, then you tune your scopes cross hairs. supposdly afterwards when you go to shoot a normal bullet your scope should be right on, no more gurssing and hours spent shooting over a bench
[signature]
fish4fish , they are very accurrate , but alittle costly , but when you think of all the shells you use to sight in your gun , its not so bad !! Myself , I think you should find a few people that has the same caliber , and buy one together. My trouble is , that I have several different calibers and would cost a arm and leg to buy all of them !! Dave , I think you were talking about the lazer ( red dot ) scope . they are illegal in some states , and they to are very accurate for hunting , but not so much for target shooting cause the dot will cover the bullseye at 50 yds , so your guessing where the bullseye is after that range !

[signature]
I have seen some that work on a range of calibers, most of my personal guns are in the .22 calibers (.22, .223, .22-250, .243) and my dad has some in the .30 calibers (.30-06 and a .300 mag) i will have to break out the trusty cabellas catalogue and see aht i can turn up in there
[signature]
Its nice to see a person really concerned about the accuracy of his gun !! People owe that to the game he or she is hunting !! good job !!

[signature]
those are new to me.... I have yet to see one let one in action.

I go with the primitive method having the scope bore sited before going to the range.

then I head right out to the 25 yard to make sure I am poking rounds in the same hole time after time before moving to the next range up.

personaly I like to shoot my guns and I beleive that the more you shoot it the more comfortable with your projectile tool you will be....
[signature]