Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recipe Request
[size 1]If there is a special recipe that you would like to have, please use this thread to request it. I will be glad to get you the recipe that you need. Let me know as well if you like spicy, medium or milder foods.

I may even be able to help those whom are looking for lower sodium, sugar free and lower fat recipes[/size]
[signature]
Well howdy Steve,
Is there a single post with all the sausage recipes together? I see there are several individual ones in various locations, but wanted to print them all at once to add to my recipe book.
[signature]
I'm still working on consolidating all of them into one thread. That should be sometime this weekend.[cool]
[signature]
Wonderful. I have a hunch that santa is bringing me one of those fancy cabelas meat grinders for christmas. Just want to make sure I have lots of good recipes to make.
[signature]
1 moose head
2 med. size onions, whole
1 bunch celery, including leafy tops
2 bay leaves
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. salt
1 c. vinegar
[#000000]Place moose head in large, deep pot, and add water to cover. Add all seasonings except vinegar; cover pot and boil over low flame 2-3 hours until meat leaves bone. Mince meat coarsely; arrange on mold or pan. Add vinegar to juice remaining in pot. Pour this liquid over meat in mold; refrigerate until mold has set, or congealed. When cold, slice and serve.[/#000000]
[signature]
[Smile]Just got back from a hunt where we had the oppurtunity to take the following animals: Corsican Ram, Texas Dall Sheep and a Catalina goat. I have never even tried these meats let alone prepared them. I was thinking something along the lines of sausage, but will take any advice i can get. Any good recipes for this stuff Steve?
[signature]
I have a few stashed away. I'll pull them out. In the mean time, You will need to favor Mint sauce or Mint Jelly on the Ram and Lamb. Cumin and Garlic are the best compliments on the Goat meat.

Check back in the morning. I'll have you set up with some of my top shelf stuff.[cool]
[signature]
I gotta be honest, I haven't heard good things about the goat meat. I'm trying not to let what anyone says deter me from trying it out for myself. Thanks for the recipes and I'll check back with ya after I give it a go[Wink]..
[signature]
I'll tell you the truth about Goat meat with me. I have tried it a hundred different ways, made by different people, lot of cumin, lots of garlic, but my stomach still knows the difference. I just can't keep it down.

Some people love it. I think those are the same ones that enjoy eating Zucchini Squash (another one that I cannot stomach) with a passion.

I do love Lamb, Ram, and Mutton. Garlic and Mint sauce or Mint Jelly is all it takes to help it out.[cool]
[signature]