Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sarasota Fla. Report 08/17/02
August 16, 2002<br><br>Sarasota Fla. Fishing Report<br><br>By Capt. Bob Smith<br><br>For now, sea trout, redfish, bluefish, snook and snapper have the front row on the Bay and along the beaches. Trout are the most plentiful on numerous grass-flats and feeding well on live shrimp, pilchards and small pigfish. Slowly working artificial lures is also a killer if you develop the feel for it. Along with the trout, you may find some bluefish, permit and snapper.<br><br>Some nice snapper are being caught around the bay on most of the structures, bridges, docks, rock piles, etc. Fishing the change of tide with a small split-shot and live bait on the bottom should get you some keeper size snapper.<br><br>Snook and redfish are mostly in and around the harbors, docks and bridges around the bay. You will find the snook more nocturnal than the redfish. At night, always fish the dark areas around the light for snook or tarpon. Make sure you are fishing for snook or tarpon an hour before and after the change of tide.<br><br>Here we are in the middle of summertime fishing and the rule of First Light, Last Light fishing is a major key to success. Both are usually followed by about four hours of feeding activity inland and along the coast. A magic time for me in fast moving tidal water is when I can find a change of tide at or close to first or last light.<br><br>Enjoy and Protect<br><br>For more information on Sarasota's Sportfishing, please visit my Website: http://www.sarasota-fla-fishing.com<br><br><br><br>